Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Konica Software Switch settings (complete)

Re: Konica Software Switch settings (complete)

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    Seriously?! Those documents have saved me so much time over the years. Not to mention the numerous times I stumbled across issues/fixes I would never have been aware of otherwise. This saddens me.
    I heard that it was discontinued from some other technicians and would love to be wrong about that. Could someone confirm all active solutions is still a thing on the newer models.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    I heard that it was discontinued from some other technicians and would love to be wrong about that. Could someone confirm all active solutions is still a thing on the newer models.
    It was still a thing a couple months ago. They were getting updated nearly daily and I'd download all the new ones for all the current machines about once a month but it's been a couple months since I last did it. I'd much rather have a pdf file on my phone vs. having to try and get a signal in some of the small towns I go to with no cell service. I've been that way since the solutions pdf files started and probably won't change.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    It was still a thing a couple months ago. They were getting updated nearly daily and I'd download all the new ones for all the current machines about once a month but it's been a couple months since I last did it. I'd much rather have a pdf file on my phone vs. having to try and get a signal in some of the small towns I go to with no cell service. I've been that way since the solutions pdf files started and probably won't change.
    Nice. That’s reassuring then.....can’t believe everything you hear from the rumour mill.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 09-16-2020 at 01:01 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

I can confirm they are still going strong in the US anyway. Just looked up a random model from each of the series over the last few years, and found an All Solutions file for each model I looked up: C552, 232, C224e, C258, C659, and a C300i. All of them looked as if they had been updated within the last couple weeks, most were within the last week.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Can we keep this thread going!?

I need to know what HEX setting for SW10 is for Olivetti ?

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Cool Re: Konica Software Switch settings (complete)

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Can we keep this thread going!?

I need to know what HEX setting for SW10 is for Olivetti ?

Anyone? :O)

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Anyone? :O)

Model number? 10 on Konicas depending on which bit switch - Hex 00 is probably to specify time zone settings and Hex 20 for how many fax reception rings before answering.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 07-22-2021 at 04:26 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    I can confirm they are still going strong in the US anyway. Just looked up a random model from each of the series over the last few years, and found an All Solutions file for each model I looked up: C552, 232, C224e, C258, C659, and a C300i. All of them looked as if they had been updated within the last couple weeks, most were within the last week.

I haven't seen these in the UK for donkeys years, anyone know if they're still available here.....and whereabouts they are...
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    I haven't seen these in the UK for donkeys years, anyone know if they're still available here.....and whereabouts they are...
    Those are available in NA area, you should have MKM account not Infohub, Knova etc.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Post Re: Konica Software Switch settings (complete)

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    It is my understanding that there is now no All Active Solutions for the current models. Konica has discontinued that and just relies on Tech bulletins and Knowledgebase.

If you ever need the older All Active Solutions stuff just PM me and I will be glad to send you a download link.

Thanks for the input guys..keep it coming and I will add it to the list..see updated list with your inputs below:

Konica Software Switch Settings

10 Hex 02 makes a generic (Muratec) a Konica important so drivers can pick up all device options
    12 Addition of Authentication Device
    25 FW Version Function Setting
    33 Renders some functions which were available when both administrator authentication and key counter were provided with when using the vendor , available only with admin authentication
    49 Upper limit of copies that can be input through the control panel setting
    51 Settings for Life warning/replace display of units
    69 When printing using manual bypass in custom size allows for printing only with a print driver ------- settings
    70 Alarm sound and screen display for communication errors due to CSRC causes
    71 Hide color copy option
    72 Import/Export function of the address book through usb memory
    121 Operation when a double feed is detected when adf is used
    124 Function to restrict the file type of TX fax
    135 Setting for the ID length of the HID Prox card
    143 Expansion setting of the touch panel sensitive area when web browser function is used
    145 Switching to auto detection for paper size in manual bypass tray
    146 Setting for enabling use of non image area erase ,centering, and original size when book original is used in fax/scan mode
    151 Setting for displaying or hiding the near empty display time
    152 The email body print settings of the email RX print
    155 Validation/invalidation of the debug setting of the log
    157 Low Power Mode Settings
    159 Hex 08 keeps SSD from going to sleep causing freezing issues
    163 Setting for the auto execution of self diagnosis (full)
    172 Hex 05 hide marketplace App
    192 Sets whether to enable Android or iOS function
    203 Setting to automatically change login authorization to a second user when the second user
    attempts card authentication after a first user has been authenticated through card authentication
    206 Setting whether to enable coverage counter
    227 Setting for the display of consumable level and warning (Operatino panel,PSWC,Fiery)
    230 Setting for the display of consumable level and warning (PSES,MIB,PrintFleet,SiteAudit)

i never gave you this, here is a exert from the service Manuel for software switches and what they do (hopefully file attached)
    Attached Files Attached Files