Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C280 J-3003

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C280 J-3003

Re: C280 J-3003

There was burnt toner that presumably fell off the fuser onto the shafts of the reg rollers right next to their bearings. I did a quick clean up and added some WD-40. The reg roller had some initial resistance when you tried to spin it, but now it's gone. Otherwise it behaves the exact same way it did before.

Finally, there is only one finger on the belt, seems that the machine had been modified according to the bulletin tbs attached.

I haven't tested it yet but I may disassemble the whole reg assy and give it a more thorough clean. Is there anything else you think I should also check?

Thanks.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by orestesp View Post
    There was burnt toner that presumably fell off the fuser onto the shafts of the reg rollers right next to their bearings. I did a quick clean up and added some WD-40. The reg roller had some initial resistance when you tried to spin it, but now it's gone. Otherwise it behaves the exact same way it did before.

Finally, there is only one finger on the belt, seems that the machine had been modified according to the bulletin tbs attached.

I haven't tested it yet but I may disassemble the whole reg assy and give it a more thorough clean. Is there anything else you think I should also check?

Thanks.
    No. Your is UNmodified, new ones have 3 claws. Also you will need that black plastic guide - item 19

Clipboard01.jpg
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C280 J-3003

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    No. Your is UNmodified, new ones have 3 claws. Also you will need that black plastic guide - item 19

Clipboard01.jpg
    Sorry, I got confused and thought that having one claw meant that I'm good. Thanks for the advice, I'll check if there's somewhere to buy these parts..

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C280 J-3003

Quote Originally Posted by orestesp View Post
    Sorry, I got confused and thought that having one claw meant that I'm good. Thanks for the advice, I'll check if there's somewhere to buy these parts..
    **NOTE I wouldn't suggest using WD40.. it is not a rust preventive.. it is a WATER dispersant may I suggest you try Triflow oil.. it has teflon particles in it.. give longer protection.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C280 J-3003

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    **NOTE I wouldn't suggest using WD40.. it is not a rust preventive.. it is a WATER dispersant may I suggest you try Triflow oil.. it has teflon particles in it.. give longer protection.
    If you need it to penetrate try Marvel Mystery Oil, but it vaporizes within a year and is gone.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Check if you registration roller bushings are not gummed up.
    If its stiff to turn by hand remove vertical guide that houses the image density sensors and give it a good clean.

a Quick way to test is to put a small well directed and controlled amount of WD40 on those brass bushings.
    Not suppose to put lube there but you will know soon enough if its the registration roller ends and bushings that
    gummed up.

Could be something else.
    Guys, allan said "Quick way to test".
    Means - just to troubleshoot before disassemble and clean properly.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C280 J-3003

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Guys, allan said "Quick way to test".
    Means - just to troubleshoot before disassemble and clean properly.
    WD40 has been known for years to destroy BRASS Bushings.. it dries out the oil built into the bearing causing squeaks.. and wears out the shaft where the bushing rides...

this was found out in the early days of the color units Both HP and Canon.. Ricoh came out a few years later with the same statement.

I always disassemble ... clean and lube the bushings/bearings

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C280 J-3003

*Slightly Off-topic*

Paper that has excessive curl may not separate easily from the Transfer belt and will contact
    the separator claw. A jam may occur or the claw may be pushed into the Transfer belt creating a scratch or possibly a gouge.
    There are parts modification. See attached.
    8978.pdf
    I had once on a BH-C-360 a brandnew OEM TB with the famous 3 separators where after a jam the middle separator ripped the belt. Since than on all of our rentals I remove ALL separators, being one or three, and leave the TB completely without.....

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C280 J-3003

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    *Slightly Off-topic*

I had once on a BH-C-360 a brandnew OEM TB with the famous 3 separators where after a jam the middle separator ripped the belt. Since than on all of our rentals I remove ALL separators, being one or three, and leave the TB completely without.....

Hans
    I believe this is SOP with most techs I know. It's a permanent fix for "Mustache on every fourth copy".
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    *Slightly Off-topic*

Hans
    Hehe done the same before. After needing a transfer belt replacement a found a piece of paper that must of been riding on the top of the belt for months.

Sorry guys WD40 was bad advise. You will need to strip and clean anyway.
    Sanitizer for the job?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I believe this is SOP with most techs I know. It's a permanent fix for "Mustache on every fourth copy".
    =^..^=
    Here we call it a butterfly.
    Whatever