Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts turkeyfoot's Avatar
    Doesnt the m/c have any diagnostics for sensors switches clutchs so you can verify if they work rather than swap and press start? R u sure the parts going in are good?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    DI650 doc feed jams

The only other possibility I can think of is the one way bearings are slipping...there are two at the rear of the adf take up. Hope you get this bug fixed!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Is there a jam code? The only other problems I've had involve gears. To the right of the DF roller is a metal plate that has three gears under it. These get dirty and cause jams, but there is usually alot of noise with this. Also one of those gears gets its drive from the back. It is a funny gear. It's like a drive dog. I've had this cause problems also. It didn't look bad, but I replaced it and no more jams. I've also had the gear that lifts the metal plate go bad. It is located in the back of the EDH. It has a bracket with two screws and an E-clip on it. The gear is held to the shaft with a little hook that is part of the gear. This hook wears down and the gear slides away from a drive dog and the drive is lost. The drive dog is black and has a drive pin, so be careful if you remove it. Dirty sensors and feed rollers are the only other problems i"ve had.

Smile

Open the Lid of the ADF; you will see the black section there with the green color square on it and the rollers beside each other and 1 by itself,Take out the ONLY 2 screw you can see. Lift that section up and back out of the way. When I do them, I actually take the whole thing apart and out of the the copier.

Your gears like in the photo that I have added, (dirty-gears) more than likely has a staple stuck in there and also grease with dirt accumulation.

If you do not know how to remove this whole device from the copier , just use a SMALL standard screw driver tip to sort of slice through each gear section to just push the dirt etc out of the grooves, and then just blow it all out with air compressor or suck out with vacum. Then put it back together. It should be fine....Hopefully.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Thanks for the replies, and the pic. That picture reminded me that about 6 years ago I had a staple in that place. I have had that part opened, but I wasn't looking for the staple. Good Tip. I will go back Monday to check for a staple and those gears on back. Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes.

OK, if that area is NOT the problem area, there are a few other areas in the adf section that could be look at; but we will wait and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply back

Tammy