Light Ghosting on Linen paper only "KonicaMinolta Accurio Press C2070"

What I've done so far.

- Confirmed substrate is on the approved list.
    - installed embossed belt with transfer springs and changed applied dip switches
    - set paper profile to plain with increased + 20 upper roller temp and + 50 lower roller temp at max thickness.
    - set paper profile to slow speed as well

CQ has improved with with the changes applied with some clear prints. But still has faint Ghost image with most prints.

Thanks!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Light Ghosting on Linen paper only "KonicaMinolta Accurio Press C2070"

Quote Originally Posted by FixitYo View Post
    What I've done so far.

- Confirmed substrate is on the approved list.
    - installed embossed belt with transfer springs and changed applied dip switches
    - set paper profile to plain with increased + 20 upper roller temp and + 50 lower roller temp at max thickness.
    - set paper profile to slow speed as well

CQ has improved with with the changes applied with some clear prints. But still has faint Ghost image with most prints.

Thanks!
    Strictly Black? Process Black? Color?...on which of these are you seeing the issue???Light Ghosting on Linen paper only "KonicaMinolta Accurio Press C2070"

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Strictly Black? Process Black? Color?...on which of these are you seeing the issue???Light Ghosting on Linen paper only "KonicaMinolta Accurio Press C2070"

Process black and color, this customer never runs just black. Trail edge ghost of the image of the print very faint.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FixitYo View Post
    Process black and color, this customer never runs just black. Trail edge ghost of the image of the print very faint.

Thanks!
    I've seen this happen on other brands of machines that run process black!!! I ALWAYS tell the customer to run just straight black where they were previously running process black!!! Text is sharper and more legible. This is not a machine issue, this is a designer knowing what the eff they are doing issue!!! If all of your registration is spot on, then running all of the colors to make black is stacking them on top of each other a there will always be a ghosting or trailing toner scattering on the trail edge of the print objects. If toner is not being optimized, they are wasting toner!!! If they are not using a specialized RIP to optimize the dot pattern and image density, they probably need to!!! Any time I design an item to print, I usually bring up the D-MAX (lighten the really dark areas!) as a print is a reflected light image and not a transmissive light image (computer screen). I always tell the customer to use the brightest white paper they can afford along with a paper weight high enough to prevent show-through from the image on the backside. Your image on the paper is only going to be as "high contrast" as the paper brightness you choose!!! I always warn customers away from the glossy brochure paper as it contains clay, requires more heat, cools down slower (clay holds the heat) which may cause sticking & toner offset between pages. I always recommend a matte finish, high brightness paper as the toner when fused will create a nice gloss or semi-gloss finish on the paper. Light Ghosting on Linen paper only "KonicaMinolta Accurio Press C2070"Light Ghosting on Linen paper only "KonicaMinolta Accurio Press C2070"

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Light Ghosting on Linen paper only "KonicaMinolta Accurio Press C2070"

Okay, this machine is a mutant to me so I am just going to talk about paper.

Linen has a very rough/porous calendaring (physical texture). On completely different machines, I have seen this happen when not setting the paper type to thick 1-4. The paper needs the extra heat/pressure to affix all the toner (at least that is my theory).

Is this on duplex only?