Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bizhub c280 stopping inside the fusing unit

Good day everyone. I have this c280 I'm maintaining for someone. The bypass roller doesn't pick up any paper but just roll over them. I inspected the separation roller packed it properly so to have proper contact, then it could pick paper but by aiding the paper into it. After some jobs, it started getting jammed at the fuser unit. I decided to use the tray to print, now they all get stuck at the fuser unit. I have followed everything i read here but still it persist. What can I do to as it is used for business.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Bizhub c280 stopping inside the fusing unit

Quote Originally Posted by Adeboy View Post
    Good day everyone. I have this c280 I'm maintaining for someone. The bypass roller doesn't pick up any paper but just roll over them. I inspected the separation roller packed it properly so to have proper contact, then it could pick paper but by aiding the paper into it. After some jobs, it started getting jammed at the fuser unit. I decided to use the tray to print, now they all get stuck at the fuser unit. I have followed everything i read here but still it persist. What can I do to as it is used for business.
    Replace all the feed rollers @ bypass.

As far as the fuser jamming....is the paper folding up a bunch of times or is it straight? If it's folding up, sounds like the stripper pawls have toner build up or are corroded. How many pages on the fuser? If the paper is straight, you probably lost fuser rotation from a broken gear on the fuser or drive train.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Replace all the feed rollers @ bypass.

As far as the fuser jamming....is the paper folding up a bunch of times or is it straight? If it's folding up, sounds like the stripper pawls have toner build up or are corroded. How many pages on the fuser? If the paper is straight, you probably lost fuser rotation from a broken gear on the fuser or drive train.
    Thanks for your prompt reply, the paper is straight but I doubt if it is fuser because I changed the fuser and it's the same result. The error code is always 3003. Sometimes the paper will be about to enter, but most times it is from the exit it just stopped.

The paper is straight and I have replaced the fuser but it is still the same. Sometimes it will stop at entry, but most times it is at the exit of the fuser. The error code is 3003.

The paper is straight and I have replaced the fuser but it is still the same. Sometimes it will stop at entry, but most times it is at the exit of the fuser. The error code is 3003.

I'm not there and you haven't provided a lot of information.

Have you checked the exist sensor @ fuser?

You need to make sure you have constant drive @ fuser. I've seen cracked gears or gears with missing teeth cause the fuser to rotate at times but cause these types of problems.

Sorry to ask this bcos I seem confused now, how can I locate the fuser exit sensor. Is it the one on fuser or in the machine

Sorry to ask this bcos I seem confused now, how can I locate the fuser exit sensor. Is it the one on fuser or in the machine
    Sorry but you'll have to ask one of the resident experts on this machine. I'm just not familiar enough with the machine to say for sure. It's normally located on the fuser where the paper exists the unit.

Thanks for response, ve seen the sensor but it is not the problem, the shaft rotating the fuser get stucked at some point after picking up the paper but couldn't rotate it up hence it got jammed. But the shaft teeth are ok. What can I do

Thanks for response, ve seen the sensor but it is not the problem, the shaft rotating the fuser get stucked at some point after picking up the paper but couldn't rotate it up hence it got jammed. But the shaft teeth are ok. What can I do
    Not sure what shaft you're talking about that's getting stuck but that seems to be the source of your problem. I would recommend working backwards from the point where the fuser gear meshes up with the drive gear until you find the source of the binding. Sorry I can't be of more help.

I was able to get make the shaft roll, but it's now getting stuck at the exit tray