Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Looking at selling Konica Minolta.

Re: Looking at selling Konica Minolta.

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    Yes, OMAD certainly has some real benefits for many. I would only run if someone were chasing me.................

You really should check out Ray Peat also.
    I'll look into it. I've been into living a healthy lifestyle for 20+ years. I've tried a lot of diet plans. Most low carb. It's by far the toughet thing I've ever done. It requires a lot of discipline. While exercise is not easy, I find it not as hard as diet.

I mean, I can run 3 miles but if I eat a Big Mac, I may as well have not run at all.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I'll look into it. I've been into living a healthy lifestyle for 20+ years. I've tried a lot of diet plans. Most low carb. It's by far the toughet thing I've ever done. It requires a lot of discipline. While exercise is not easy, I find it not as hard as diet.

I mean, I can run 3 miles but if I eat a Big Mac, I may as well have not run at all.
    LOL.......any effort you can make that lets you physically and mentally have the power to live your life to the fullest and be happy is a great investment. I hate to see anyone suffer. If I had the power to give one thing to others , it would be great mental physical and spiritual health

But we are kind of hijacking the thread.......hope nobody minds.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by kyotechnz View Post
    What are the good and bad things to look forward to if we sell Konica Minolta?

Have been supplied a Bizhub C300i to look at, looks like a Samsung copier but with different panels and UI.
    Does not look too bad to work on.
    Would be good if we had another brand to push.
    I'm glad you are looking into KM's, I suggest you work on a business plan based on Phil's questions posted on the forum as I know their quota can be challenging depending on the structure of your business. I personally had a few bad experiences with KM's, and basically related with power problems at clients locations that messed up HDD and main board. Not to get into more details or scare you which is not my intention here, I experienced on those cases that for some reason a HDD failure took down the main boards which costed me a loaner at each location as I had to send the EEPROMs to be reprogrammed at KM office. On the other hand, most of the units I have in the field haven't called for service in months probably 7 months on the ones I don't have a contract on, those I call to check in and see if they need me out there for a cleaning. Like the guys added down on here, consumables last longer than what factory states on SM, these are work horses! Last unit I sold in January was a C759 and so far I only shipped a set of toners and with covid they don't need me there. The production units are just incredible, they have unique products like the Jet Varnish that actually stamps metallic paper on card stock, really great and unique products. Good luck with your plans!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioTech View Post
    I'm glad you are looking into KM's, I suggest you work on a business plan based on Phil's questions posted on the forum as I know their quota can be challenging depending on the structure of your business. I personally had a few bad experiences with KM's, and basically related with power problems at clients locations that messed up HDD and main board. Not to get into more details or scare you which is not my intention here, I experienced on those cases that for some reason a HDD failure took down the main boards which costed me a loaner at each location as I had to send the EEPROMs to be reprogrammed at KM office. On the other hand, most of the units I have in the field haven't called for service in months probably 7 months on the ones I don't have a contract on, those I call to check in and see if they need me out there for a cleaning. Like the guys added down on here, consumables last longer than what factory states on SM, these are work horses! Last unit I sold in January was a C759 and so far I only shipped a set of toners and with covid they don't need me there. The production units are just incredible, they have unique products like the Jet Varnish that actually stamps metallic paper on card stock, really great and unique products. Good luck with your plans!
    Regarding your "power issues" with the KM's, did you have them attached to line power conditioners/surge protectors? Sometimes if the power goes out and immediately comes back on, there will be a voltage spike!!! Additionally the HDD may not have the read heads parked so that could cause them to crash the drive.Looking at selling Konica Minolta.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

lot of benefits. From kyocera , drums etc last as they say. From Ricoh much much better .
    And if you want you can use compatible drums and toner with no problems

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kyotechnz View Post
    What are the good and bad things to look forward to if we sell Konica Minolta?

Have been supplied a Bizhub C300i to look at, looks like a Samsung copier but with different panels and UI.
    Does not look too bad to work on.
    Would be good if we had another brand to push.
    Speaking of reliability I think the current Konica A4/A3 midrange Series is somewhat disappointing built- and software-wise compared to
    the previous Cxx4 and Cxx8 generations. We also sell Ricoh and their machines does generate way less calls and frustration since years so they are a better choice in the midrange segement service-wise.

The only thing I'm not a fan of are Ricoh's b/w a3 midrange systems - I prefer the KM print engine concept (basicly a color mfp print engine with just a BK drum).

Of yourse every brand has it's up and downs like Ricoh had with the Aficio 1224 Series ages ago but I guess this topic isn't about the past or future.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

We switched to Ricoh 2 years ago. I worked on Konica's since 1985.Back when the were Royal. Since Konica and Minolta merged, they seemed to get less reliable with each generation. The new Ricohs have been great out of the box. Can't comment on the production units. Haven't sold any of those yet. The a4 machines have been much more reliable than the KM's. The midrange color units have had no problems.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I would recommend you look at the Toshiba line but since there is already a Toshiba dealer in Christchurch, NZ plus Toshiba Tec Australia Direct your chances of getting the product line are probably not good.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I would recommend you look at the Toshiba line but since there is already a Toshiba dealer in Christchurch, NZ plus Toshiba Tec Australia Direct your chances of getting the product line are probably not good.

That all depends on if the existing dealer in that area is making their quota. If not, they'll yank that dealership license in a heartbeat.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    That all depends on if the existing dealer in that area is making their quota. If not, they'll yank that dealership license in a heartbeat.
    If Toshiba needed another dealer, they likely would have already reached out. Sales objectives are reviewed every quarter.

In my 20+ years with Toshiba, dealerships are never terminated over sales quota.