Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Looking at selling Konica Minolta.

Re: Looking at selling Konica Minolta.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    It is not a take, it is how the copier ratings industry works. No money, no reviews, no awards. BLI only picks winners from their paid reviews.

Dude, all major copier manufactures submit their machines to BLI for testing. They all play by the same rules. The playing field is level. To suggest otherwise is disingenuous.

Unless you have some evidence to suggest otherwise? No?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Dude, all major copier manufactures submit their machines to BLI for testing. They all play by the same rules. The playing field is level. To suggest otherwise is disingenuous.

Unless you have some evidence to suggest otherwise? No?
    I work for the manufacturer in Sales & Marketing at the HQ Corporate level. You are being naive. All machines are definitely not submitted. The only rule is money talks. The playing field only cares about money and review selection has nothing to do with fairness.

Do some manufacturers consider a paid service like BLI an investment. Certainly. Some customers are mildly influenced by 3rd party reviews.

I work for the manufacturer. You are being naive. All machines are definitely not submitted. The only rule is money talks. The playing field only cares about money.

Carry on, sir.

I work for the manufacturer in Sales & Marketing at the HQ Corporate level. You are being naive. All machines are definitely not submitted. The only rule is money talks. The playing field only cares about money and review selection has nothing to do with fairness.

Do some manufacturers consider a paid service like BLI an investment. Certainly. Some customers are mildly influenced by 3rd party reviews.

I see you edited your post. Allow me to repsond.

The other day, you told me you do 20 face-to-face cold calls per day. You work in the corporate world and they're sending you out on 20 face-to-face cold calls per day? Interesting.

I dunno. It demonstrates all the classic symptoms of your ordinary copier salesman. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I see you edited your post. Allow me to repsond.

The other day, you told me you do 20 face-to-face cold calls per day. You work in the corporate world and they're sending you out on 20 face-to-face cold calls per day? Interesting.

I dunno. It demonstrates all the classic symptoms of your ordinary copier salesman. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    I am a Sales Manager who works with outside dealer sales reps who are expected to make on average 20 face to face sales calls per day. I do personally make 2+ sales calls per day. Today, I sold six copiers to three customers and attended one install plus TeamView-ed one remote label printer install.

Fortunately, I work in an area of Canada that restricts easy access from other residents of Canada. You are welcome to visit but you must mandatory, self quarantine for 14 days at your expense and a written plan with daily calls from health officials checking on you location via land line. Canada's border with the USA remains closed to non essential visitors.

Atlantic Canada, due to its unique geographic borders, is often referred to as the little New Zealand of Canada during Covid times. Tourism is traditionally a big industry here. The number of visitors are way down with great economic cost but accepted as necessary.

You seem to be stretching for something that is not there.

As Canadians, we freely give up some freedoms for the benefit of others. For example, locally wearing masks is extremely common in public even though the threat of COVID-19 is very low. No new infections in the last 15 days.

I am a Sales Manager who works with outside sales reps who make on average 20 face to face sales calls per day. I do personally make 2-5 sales calls per day. Today, I sold six copiers to three customers and attended one install plus TeamView-ed one remote label printer install.

In the COVID world, 20 face to face sales calls per day is still possible in New Brunswick.

Fortunately, I work in an area of Canada that restricts easy access from other residents of Canada. You are welcome to visit but you must mandatory, self quarantine for 14 days at your expense and a written plan with daily calls from health officials checking on you location via land line. Canada's border with the USA remains closed to non essential visitors.

Atlantic Canada, due to its geographic boarders, is often referred to as the little New Zealand of Canada during Covid times. Tourism is traditionally a big industry here. The number of visitors are way down with great economic cost but accepted as necessary.

You seem to be stretching for something that is not there.

As Canadians we freely give up some freedoms for the benefit of others. For example, wearing masks is extremely common in public even though the threat of COVID-19 is very low. No new infections in the last 15 days.
    I see. That's MUCH different than what you told me the other day. But okay. It appears you're whatever you need to be to make a point....including, but not limited to, a Covid expert.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Copier manufacturers have to supply a test copier at No Charge, deliver it, pick it up, supply toner at No Charge, pay to have the copier tested and pay to publish any awards in each and every country where the awards have the right to be displayed.

What do you think? Of course, it is marketing.

Toshiba Canada discontinued offering free access to BLI to our dealers because the costs kept getting higher and BLI was not responsive to our requests for many years. We now offer free access to DataMaster at a much lower cost and with 2 delay delivery of requests. At first I was skeptical but at a time due to COVID-19 when companies have to either cut costs or reduce staff or both, it was a no brainer. Not one dealer complained.
    Pay-to-Play (Payola) sounds like racketeering, doesn't it?!Looking at selling Konica Minolta.Looking at selling Konica Minolta.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Pay-to-Play (Payola) sounds like racketeering, doesn't it?!Looking at selling Konica Minolta.Looking at selling Konica Minolta.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    No, it does not.

You are confused over how the industry markets it products and the decisions made about the costs involved to do so.

rackˇetˇeerˇing

/ˌrakəˈtiriNG/

noun

• dishonest and fraudulent business dealings

Payola is an illegal practise that refers to paying radio stations money to broadcast and promote specific songs from specific musical artists over other artists material in the hope to increase sales.

In the copier/ printer industry it is a common marketing practise to legally pay 3rd party test labs to write unbiased reviews of your equipment in the hope that it will increase sales. Most copier/ printer vendors participate in this form of marketing.

Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 10-14-2020 at 01:07 AM.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    Konica put almost the same as Sharp? ............Wow. Just wow. (mouth hanging open) I guess we do all see the world differently. My order of rating the brand names:

1. Konica
    2. Ricoh (you are right , great solid copiers and manufacturer support and website. My issue is with the sorters -disgusting thin flimsy sheet metal /cheaply made finishers/accessories)
    3. Canon
    4. Sharp (just the B&W equipment which are very solid)
    5. Kyocera---used to be great. Now, not so much , some models are ok , color drums and color dv's way overpriced.
    6. Samsung - a complete fail
    Blazebusiness, would your ranking hold for the smaller A4 desktops (i.e. KM C4000i/3300i or Ricoh P C600)? Looking to purchase, but not many reviews online. I did see mention of issues with the KM imaging units failing in another thread. It seems as if FW update may have solved the issue (?). I have not seen much mentioned on this platform (good or bad) about the Ricoh P C600. Is no news good news for the quality of the Ricoh model? Thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I'd rate Samsung/HP the worst by far

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk