Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C452 Dumpster to the Rescu(r)e!?!

Re: C452 Dumpster to the Rescu(r)e!?!

Imaging units are best kept in black plastic bags, then in a box ... trash bags will do in, in a pinch. They have to stay dark.

You'll find the laser unit underneath the imaging units. It's a black plastic box ~35cm deep by 8cm high by 66cm long. It exits the machine from the left side cover. Be cautious with the ribbon cable: it's easy to damage the cables or connectors.

The feed units reside above and to the right of each paper tray. You'll recognize the three roller combination.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by copytechman View Post
    If you're swapping the fiery onto the other device you will need stuff from inside the donor machine (video interface card, cables/brackets etc) and settings in service mode etc. Best to acquire the installation manual if you can for the VI card / Fiery (it'll be called an IC something or other (I don't have the manual handy) , honestly easier unless you have need of the fiery just to use the built in controller for printing but kudos to you sir for all of your efforts!

Regards.
    A.
    Greetings copytechman:-)

could you please be so kind and have a lookFiery2.jpgFiery.jpg at those pictures i just took from the fiery and the card as well as the cable.
    i got it that i have to assign a different ip-adress to the machine as to the fiery as well as using an crossover cable to connect via COPIER port those two units tog-ether.
    i came across an fiery setup guide Fiery®E10 50-45C-KM Color ServerService Guide. hopefully this is the right thang...

now to the questions:
    is there anything i should do to that fiery while it is on my desk-or kitchen floor, it depends^^
    harddisk, battery...ram???

best regards, god Bless

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Imaging units are best kept in black plastic bags, then in a box ... trash bags will do in, in a pinch. They have to stay dark.

You'll find the laser unit underneath the imaging units. It's a black plastic box ~35cm deep by 8cm high by 66cm long. It exits the machine from the left side cover. Be cautious with the ribbon cable: it's easy to damage the cables or connectors.

The feed units reside above and to the right of each paper tray. You'll recognize the three roller combination.
    =^..^=
    i am deeply sorry to inform you blackcat4866 that i failed miserably extracting all parts mentioned...time was an issue coz, as one can imagine, thins did not work out as intended on site...and of site as well
    kept talking to the guy and his wife as they seemed chill as stated already, 16h pm was the closing time of the dumpster, i had to have the transporter free because i had an second appointment this very day to haul some fire material for the house.
    the whole week my buddy and i kept talking about how it would be no issue me having the transporter anythyme this week....of course on Thursday my buddy needed the car by himself, me actually wanting to start my round trip 9AM-well it was 13PM when i finally got the friggin transporter 40 mins drive to the printer-site. had to leave the site by 15:30 fully loaded coz otherwise the dumster would be closed...actually i had to call the dumpster to be kind and keep the door open for me past 16h oclock because traffic was horrible this very day.

i did manage to get the following things out:

IU´s, Transfer Unit, Grid roller assy, display , fiery and last but not least i cut out the motherboard box including the interface board for the fiery-so many srews and cablesi just cut everything to get the whole enclosure out in the end...

actually i already did swap over my worn Cyan IU, did a test print and it seemed better than before...of course the machine was not so happy, greeting me wit an L3 message along with the already present L2 and L1 "error".....

anyways for now please find attatched the test page before and after swapping the cyan IU...i might got lucky there^^
    Dropbox - SKMBT_C45221111311060.pdf - Simplify your life
    ANSI B pages will follow as soon as i have the thyme, now preparing to help a buddy with with laptop from 2012, its a sony machine and has to be set up properly coz sony said "F u guys" no drivers for your legacy products anymore...

have a very nice day over there blackcat4866

god bless
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fiery???? Not so fast young padawan....

i might just found out why the donor-machine quit service mid-printing the guy said....can you spot wally

Fiery4.jpgfiery3.jpg

well it is what it is...luckyly got an soldering station as well as an de soldering one---will look in the parts bin for some Cap´s i guess

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subalot View Post
    Greetings copytechman:-)

could you please be so kind and have a lookFiery2.jpgFiery.jpg at those pictures i just took from the fiery and the card as well as the cable.
    i got it that i have to assign a different ip-adress to the machine as to the fiery as well as using an crossover cable to connect via COPIER port those two units tog-ether.
    i came across an fiery setup guide Fiery®E10 50-45C-KM Color ServerService Guide. hopefully this is the right thang...

now to the questions:
    is there anything i should do to that fiery while it is on my desk-or kitchen floor, it depends^^
    harddisk, battery...ram???

best regards, god Bless
    Not really , looks like u have the internal card and the funky cable that goes from that card to fiery , sounds like you have the correct setup guide as long as it mentions how to install said card and settings in service mode (been awhile but has something to do with controller type). You can in fact boot the fiery on its own and see if it makes it to 00 on the lcd display, Thats "usually" an indication that all is well but there are of course exceptions to everything lol. Iirc that fiery mounted just inside the device Lower casing, you did grab the Fierys mounting brackets as well I hope!

Good luck on yer journey and your test pages look way better, if you have the serv manual, run gradation adj from in there, it just looks out of Adj now and that "should" snap it back to center.

Regards!
    A.

Cool Re: C452 Dumpster to the Rescu(r)e!?!

Quote Originally Posted by copytechman View Post
    Not really , looks like u have the internal card and the funky cable that goes from that card to fiery , sounds like you have the correct setup guide as long as it mentions how to install said card and settings in service mode (been awhile but has something to do with controller type). You can in fact boot the fiery on its own and see if it makes it to 00 on the lcd display, Thats "usually" an indication that all is well but there are of course exceptions to everything lol. Iirc that fiery mounted just inside the device Lower casing, you did grab the Fierys mounting brackets as well I hope!

Good luck on yer journey and your test pages look way better, if you have the serv manual, run gradation adj from in there, it just looks out of Adj now and that "should" snap it back to center.

Regards!
    A.
    thank you copytechman, your input is highly appreciated of course^^
    i did power up the fiery and it did immediately show up "00"...don´t know how long booting takes on that fiery but if it is that fast i am impressed...maybe this is one of the exceptions you mentioned->especially considering those Bad-Caps decided to blew their heads off??
    i did come across an post when searching "Fiery IC 412" here on the forums from back in the days where it was mentioned how the service menu setting is to enable the fiery as well as an another post one where some quick lines were dropped about how to connect to lan and do the ip-setup thingy...you have to be in the knows to get what was mentioned in those lines but i will figure it out...by trial and error i guess

here are the posts i found:
    BHC452 "The color is off, I wanted a different shade of purple", she said.

IC 412 Fiery Controller Bizhub C452 Shows Please wait / no ping

your advice has been taken care of partly, please find here the new test page after the gradation adjustment. i just could not be bothered to read in the manual tbh. tho-because excitement
    Dropbox - SKMBT_C45221111419330.pdf - Simplify your life
    have a blessed day over there copytechman
    Last edited by subalot; 11-14-2021 at 06:44 PM. Reason: coz u know spellin aint that eezzyyy määhnn...linxx added

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

you dont need the Fiery to print.
    in service mode system 2 change controller details to controller 0 so the fiery wont be needed to print.
    we can flash system software to the fiery later if need be.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

thank you copytechman, your input is highly appreciated of course^^
    i did power up the fiery and it did immediately show up "00"...don´t know how long booting takes on that fiery but if it is that fast i am impressed...maybe this is one of the exceptions you mentioned->especially considering those Bad-Caps decided to blew their heads off??
    i did come across an post when searching "Fiery IC 412" here on the forums from back in the days where it was mentioned how the service menu setting is to enable the fiery as well as an another post one where some quick lines were dropped about how to connect to lan and do the ip-setup thingy...you have to be in the knows to get what was mentioned in those lines but i will figure it out...by trial and error i guess

here are the posts i found:
    BHC452 "The color is off, I wanted a different shade of purple", she said.

IC 412 Fiery Controller Bizhub C452 Shows Please wait / no ping

your advice has been taken care of partly, please find here the new test page after the gradation adjustment. i just could not be bothered to read in the manual tbh. tho-because excitement
    Dropbox - SKMBT_C45221111419330.pdf - Simplify your life
    have a blessed day over there copytechman
    Looks like night and day and yeah synth is correct, the fiery is not implicitly needed to print with model if you don't want to or run into complications with the fiery! If you're lucky it's default admin pw will the the usual one. If not, might need to reload system to reset it to factory but don't quote me on that.

Good work!
    Regards!
    A.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    you dont need the Fiery to print.
    in service mode system 2 change controller details to controller 0 so the fiery wont be needed to print.
    we can flash system software to the fiery later if need be.
    Thank you Sir:-) first of all, before installing the fiery from the donor machine, i think i should address those bad capacitors, 10 need replacement if i did counted them correctly please see post #64

as there is no fiery as now installed i do think my eyeballs did spot the controller details on 0 if i am not mistaken...will have a look again at its setting for sure...

i found your post about the easy peasy fiery setup from back in 2018 regarding the church lady who was not very happy when especially the purple shade did not come quite to paper as seen on her screen... thank you bcoz i think i am able to handle that part of the installation pretty sure...but please don´t quote me on that in the foreseeing future ^^

flashing i am quite fond of Sir i do have some android rom flashing expierience under my belly...the youngsters would properly just write something like "#nogoolag" or something along these lines to get their point across...who knows, nobody cares anyways
    so anyways....if a catastrophic Fiery HDD-headcrash would happen i now know that there is hope!!!

please excuse me asking stupid questions...here it goes:

do you maybe happen to know if, let´s say a man is missing the animation data on his c452 machine, and for some unknown reason, the man, had had an bright moment upon dumpstering his just acquired Donormachine for 100 bucks and took the donors HDD out along all other consumables he could carry, now how big is it a chance that he would find these animation data on there and transfer them onto his machine???

actually i did get in contact with user woxner last week and he was very kind to give me his dropbox login data where i could find these animaiton data but i cannot access the dropbox account because of 2 step verification and not having access to the email woxner gets with the verfication code to logon the dropbox:-(
    yes, yes, yes, i know that is a good thing in the fist place but in the second place it is not. i do hope to hear from woxner again.

And no, i am not asking for files here to be clear, can put ye´r pitchforks back down no worries
    Thank you Synthohol, have a wonderful day wherever you are!!!
    God bless

Thank you Sir:-) first of all, before installing the fiery from the donor machine, i think i should address those bad capacitors, 10 need replacement if i did counted them correctly please see post #64

as there is no fiery as now installed i do think my eyeballs did spot the controller details on 0 if i am not mistaken...will have a look again at its setting for sure...

i found your post about the easy peasy fiery setup from back in 2018 regarding the church lady who was not very happy when especially the purple shade did not come quite to paper as seen on her screen... thank you bcoz i think i am able to handle that part of the installation pretty sure...but please don´t quote me on that in the foreseeing future ^^

flashing i am quite fond of Sir i do have some android rom flashing expierience under my belly...the youngsters would properly just write something like "#nogoolag" or something along these lines to get their point across...who knows, nobody cares anyways
    so anyways....if a catastrophic Fiery HDD-headcrash would happen i now know that there is hope!!!

please excuse me asking stupid questions...here it goes:

do you maybe happen to know if, let´s say a man is missing the animation data on his c452 machine, and for some unknown reason, the man, had had an bright moment upon dumpstering his just acquired Donormachine for 100 bucks and took the donors HDD out along all other consumables he could carry, now how big is it a chance that he would find these animation data on there and transfer them onto his machine???

>> You can't usually just swap in a hdd even if it is the same model, a hdd would at the least usually have to be logically formatted before being properly used first.

actually i did get in contact with user woxner last week and he was very kind to give me his dropbox login data where i could find these animaiton data but i cannot access the dropbox account because of 2 step verification and not having access to the email woxner gets with the verfication code to logon the dropbox:-(
    yes, yes, yes, i know that is a good thing in the fist place but in the second place it is not. i do hope to hear from woxner again.

>> Fair enough as the animation "movie data" isn't available as a public download to end users.

And no, i am not asking for files here to be clear, can put ye´r pitchforks back down no worries
    Thank you Synthohol, have a wonderful day wherever you are!!!
    God bless
    Regards.
    A.