Konica Minolta C220 - Making a strange sound.

Hello Everyone

We have a C220 that makes a strange sound. It started being abit noisy around a month ago, and now it's really bad.
    The machine sounds like a dishwasher when running and make some grinding sound.
    I've checked the waste tray, both then and now, i had to clean it the first time, but this time it looks to be fine.
    This is the 2nd copier that does this, none never figured out what was wrong with the old one, but it did sound just like this.
    It all got me thinking since this is the 2nd one doing this, surely theres someone around that knows whats up.

Senias

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Konica Minolta C220 - Making a strange sound.

if its a grinding sound its prob the waste toner box feed tube blocked

you need to remove the 2nd transfer roller section then remove the ITBU, back left chute see if its clogged up, you can rotate it (well u should be able to lol) and see if its clogged. if it is just get a paper clip and scoop out the blockage.

then open front door, remove wtb and remove the chute that feed from ITBU to the WTB, one screw and a hook holds it in position but u could prob get a pipe cleaned and avoid having to remove it

Post Re: Konica Minolta C220 - Making a strange sound.

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    if its a grinding sound its prob the waste toner box feed tube blocked

you need to remove the 2nd transfer roller section then remove the ITBU, back left chute see if its clogged up, you can rotate it (well u should be able to lol) and see if its clogged. if it is just get a paper clip and scoop out the blockage.

then open front door, remove wtb and remove the chute that feed from ITBU to the WTB, one screw and a hook holds it in position but u could prob get a pipe cleaned and avoid having to remove it
    This worked like a charm. Got it up and running again without any bad noise. Allso pulled the other one out from hiding and cleaned the same and its running aswell. Thanks alot for the information.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Senias View Post
    This worked like a charm. Got it up and running again without any bad noise. Allso pulled the other one out from hiding and cleaned the same and its running aswell. Thanks alot for the information.
    no worries. luckily this was really common issue and is easy to recognize because I couldnt hear anything in your video lol

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    no worries. luckily this was really common issue and is easy to recognize because I couldnt hear anything in your video lol

Don't even need a video on these you can describe the noise..
    Fixed this issue plenty a time. Humidity i guess makes it worse.
    Never even tried a paper clip always stripped out the yellow drum and dev tank to remove the small section between the ITBU and the WB.
    Will give that a go if i ever find the issue again.
    Whatever