Technician

C458 Printing coloured lines and marks

Update: Sorry, it's a C458 not a C448.

I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub C458 printing strange lines and marks when printing from PC, printing from USB and also printing the demo page and config page (any reports in user mode print with marks printing in mono you get mono marks) but it prints the machine management list and all halftone test pages or anything from Service mode ok. It also photocopies with no issues. It does not have any error codes in the machine management list that started when the error started. A self-diagnosis result report also comes back with all checks as OK. Thank you for any input, I am assuming a new MFP board would fix this issue. Please see image below for example.

C448 Error.JPG
    Last edited by Lync; 09-30-2020 at 02:01 AM.

Technician

Re: C448 Printing coloured lines and marks

This has been resolved. Of all things it was a faulty Dual Scan board.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lync View Post
    Interesting. Thank You for sharing such an unusual problem and solution. And before all you did quite a good job in initial troubleshooting 👍
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

That has to be one of the strangest things I've ever heard. Faulty dual scan board, yet scans were perfectly fine, with the only things affected by the issue being print jobs and internal prints (outside of service mode). Can't even fathom that one, or what made you even think to look at the dual scan for such an issue.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: C458 Printing coloured lines and marks

chk set up time scale -500

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Technician

Thanks for sharing, but it would be also interesting to know how you found this solution, just to learn. Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

I had the EXACT thing happen to me, only it was on a Muratec MFX-C5590 (C558). I replaced the main board and the problem still came back. I ended up moving the machine to a different location in the same room, so different plug and ethernet port. They haven't called back for quite a while since doing this. If it does happen again, I will certainly try the Dual Scan Board. There's no logic that points to it being this board, but if it works it works.

Here was my post on it when it happened to me: Has anybody ever seen this before?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C448 Printing coloured lines and marks

Quote Originally Posted by progoffice View Post
    Here was my post on it when it happened to me: Has anybody ever seen this before?
    I guess my pondering on that post caused me to skip this as it seemed absurd "Remove the dual scan image processing board at test, had similar and was ok when DSIP board was removed."

That is some insane engineering/programming flaw...how? why? who? where? when? they? THEM? THAT? WHAT?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    That has to be one of the strangest things I've ever heard. Faulty dual scan board, yet scans were perfectly fine, with the only things affected by the issue being print jobs and internal prints (outside of service mode). Can't even fathom that one, or what made you even think to look at the dual scan for such an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by albemero View Post
    Thanks for sharing, but it would be also interesting to know how you found this solution, just to learn. Thanks
    It was a suggestion from Konica Minolta so I can not take credit for it. But with issues like these, you should remove each peripheral one at a time to see if anything makes a difference. (I would not have even considered the dual scan board to cause this. Especially because scanning/copying was not affected.)

Problems often arise with printing equipment. I think the instructions may describe the issue. When I got into trouble, I called the wizard. I don't understand very well what to do in such situations. As luck would have it, my printer broke down right before my sister's birthday. I was planning to print some pictures of her with my husband. And in the end, I had to look for an alternative. A friend of mine advised me to print my photo on canvas. She sent me Canvas prints | Your photos on canvas | Canvaspop for me to study more information. I decided that this could be a great gift and made an order. And my sister was delighted with the present. Thank God that I was able to solve this problem in time. I hope my printer will not suddenly break down again.