Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Re: Bizhub 364e HDD/SDD replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Elmojo View Post
    Thanks again to everyone for all your help, and the clarification on those extra files.
    I appreciate that last bit about the FW as well, since I was wondering about that version Syth mentioned.
    I do indeed have vG20-M1 installed, and SW25 is set to 60, per the Svc Manual.
    I checked the status panel, and it's showing Function 7, so I think I'm all good.

One last Q, maybe....
    I notice that several of the consumables are showing at or beyond end of life. Is that one of those things that I ignore and run them until I see print quality issues (or get an error), or should I replace anything as PM to prevent damage to other components?
    Sounds like you're good to go! We don't mind helping out end users who are willing to learn things for themselves and aren't afraid to RTFM. You've done a great job getting this machine going!

I'd run them until you have print quality issues. It won't really hurt anything on this B/W model. Color machine would be another story. You can run them past on color 4/4e series machines but if you go too far past, then you'll have bigger issues.
    Last edited by srvctec; 10-11-2020 at 05:05 AM.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub 364e HDD/SDD replacement

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    Woah, woah, WOAH! Back up the truck there! Bizhub 364e HDD/SDD replacement X4 & W5 F/W aren't for this model, those are for the 8 series. If the latest F/W (G20-M1) was installed on this 364e, then the function version should be SW25 set to 60 for F/V 7.

son of a biscuit, sorry about that, i deal with so many 8 and 9 series now its burnished in my brain like win95 desktop icons burned in the CRT monitor so bad you can still see them when the screen is off.
    truly sorry if i caused any confusion.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Thanks for the update not sure why fitting a used HDD didn’t work out for you.

I have a few used ones that I know are good I keep as spares i’ll try them in a Bizhub next time I have the back off one.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    son of a biscuit, sorry about that, i deal with so many 8 and 9 series now its burnished in my brain like win95 desktop icons burned in the CRT monitor so bad you can still see them when the screen is off.
    truly sorry if i caused any confusion.
    I thought I was the only one who said son of a biscuit! LOL
    Oh man, CRT screen burn, those were the good old days... unless of course you have a Samsung smartphone, in which case these are the bad current days!

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    Sounds like you're good to go! We don't mind helping out end users who are willing to learn things for themselves and aren't afraid to RTFM. You've done a great job getting this machine going!

I'd run them until you have print quality issues. It won't really hurt anything on this B/W model. Color machine would be another story. You can run them past on color 4/4e series machines but if you go too far past, then you'll have bigger issues.
    Great to know, thanks! I'll flog 'er until she cries uncle, then put in OEM replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Thanks for the update not sure why fitting a used HDD didn’t work out for you.

I have a few used ones that I know are good I keep as spares i’ll try them in a Bizhub next time I have the back off one.
    Yeah, me neither. It's entirely possible that the drive itself had some issue, since it was pulled from an old laptop that was junked for a reason. Equally likely, I bodged the format one time too many and the copier decided it had enough of my shenanigans, and demanded a fresh drive.

Either way, for $22 in a new 320GB drive, I'm not complaining.

I was bummed when I discovered that I had made a huge mistake, and bought a monochrome machine, when I thought I was purchasing a C364e (color) machine.
    However, the more I think about it, the happier I am with this copier. I have color printers, and the relative simplicity and lower consumable cost of the monochrome is gonna be nice, I think.
    At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hello Colleagues,
    can send you FW and HDD data.
    Contact me at bubblemoobo1@gmail.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Profibastler View Post
    Hello Colleagues,
    can send you FW and HDD data.
    Contact me at bubblemoobo1@gmail.com
    Greetings!
    Are you asking for data or offering it?

Either way, the issue was resolved a while ago, and the machine is still running great to this day, thanks to the help of the amazing techs on this forum!
    Thanks again, everyone.

Also, you may want to remove your personal email address, or you're likely to get spam-bombed.