Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C558 J9901

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,810
    Rep Power
    101

    Bizhub C558 J9901

    Hi all,

    But stuck fighting this one, intermittent J9901 from all 4 trays. Seems to be OK on landscape but jams very frequently if paper is load portrait.

    Machine has over a million on the total counter & replaced all the feed rollers no change.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  2. #2
    KonicaMinolta Senior Tech 250+ Posts srvctec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Kansas
    Posts
    480
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Bizhub C558 J9901

    I'm betting it's vertical rollers worn so bad it can't grab the paper tight enough to feed reliably. Of course, by now I would think you'd know to say SEF or LEF vs. the very confusing landscape/portrait vernacular which can be interpreted either way for each one. Just some good-natured ribbing!

    If in fact, LEF feeds better than SEF, I stand by my first statement.
    Last edited by srvctec; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:28 PM.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and have worked at the same company since then, now the senior tech, since 2000.

  3. #3
    Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gigety
    Posts
    2,040
    Rep Power
    63

    Re: Bizhub C558 J9901

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Hi all,

    But stuck fighting this one, intermittent J9901 from all 4 trays. Seems to be OK on landscape but jams very frequently if paper is load portrait.

    Machine has over a million on the total counter & replaced all the feed rollers no change.
    check that the registration actuator at the registration roller is *consistantly* moving freely and returning back quickly and not lazily.

    remove and clean if required.
    If at first you don't succeed, try the way I told you how to do it in the first place.

  4. #4
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C558 J9901

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,810
    Rep Power
    101

    Re: Bizhub C558 J9901

    Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    I'm betting it's vertical rollers worn so bad it can't grab the paper tight enough to feed reliably. Of course, by now I would think you'd know to say SEF or LEF vs. the very confusing landscape/portrait vernacular which can be interpreted either way for each one. Just some good-natured ribbing!

    If in fact, LEF feeds better than SEF, I stand by my first statement.
    ​I think portrait/landscape is a United Kingdom term, I worked for Canon & that is how they describe the paper orientation or they use A4/A4R.

    ​I've ordered the reg sensor, actuator & clutch.

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  5. #5
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,875
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: Bizhub C558 J9901

    I think most universal would come SEF/LEF. It eliminates different paper standard/sizes plus landscape/portrait is more common in print drivers than in copier documents I know of.
    Btw, good luck with error solving.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  6. #6
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C558 J9901

    Synthohol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    2,943
    Rep Power
    83

    Re: Bizhub C558 J9901

    22 years ago when I started this career the terminology was letter or letter r
    Apparently this was too much for people so the long edge\short edge first started to take the guesswork out of the letter r for rotated.
    Next it will be called the 11" or 8.5" side because people can't adapt to shit.
    216x279 for the folks across the great pond lol because A4 is taller and thinner than our paper.

  7. #7
    KonicaMinolta Senior Tech 250+ Posts srvctec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Kansas
    Posts
    480
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Bizhub C558 J9901

    Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    22 years ago when I started this career the terminology was letter or letter r
    Apparently this was too much for people so the long edge\short edge first started to take the guesswork out of the letter r for rotated.
    Next it will be called the 11" or 8.5" side because people can't adapt to shit.
    216x279 for the folks across the great pond lol because A4 is taller and thinner than our paper.
    Wait, "Letter R" meant rotated? Back when I started in 1988 Letter R meant Letter Reduction, meaning the lead edge had to be 8 1/2" because when you reduced with analog machines, the lens moving and scanner speed combined to make the reduction only fit if the lead edge was narrow (8 1/2").

    In any case, I think LEF and SEF are the easiest and most universal, leaving no room for confusion.

    Hope you get the issue resolved, @copier tech!
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and have worked at the same company since then, now the senior tech, since 2000.

  8. #8
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C558 J9901

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,810
    Rep Power
    101

    Re: Bizhub C558 J9901

    Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    Wait, "Letter R" meant rotated? Back when I started in 1988 Letter R meant Letter Reduction, meaning the lead edge had to be 8 1/2" because when you reduced with analog machines, the lens moving and scanner speed combined to make the reduction only fit if the lead edge was narrow (8 1/2").

    In any case, I think LEF and SEF are the easiest and most universal, leaving no room for confusion.

    Hope you get the issue resolved, @copier tech!
    Yes 'R' does indeed stand for reduction as I say Canon still use this term.

    Regarding this issue I replaced the registration parts in the pic.

    Looking at the reg arm its worn down I suspect this was the cause.



    C558 Registration.JPG
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  9. #9
    Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gigety
    Posts
    2,040
    Rep Power
    63

    Re: Bizhub C558 J9901

    wow this thread went off on a wild tangent.

    I like to use the term short edge feed and long edge feed - but people look at me blankly when I use these terms and end up having to revert to using the terms landscape and portrait also. We arent dealing with paintings here - SEF and LEF should be it.
    If at first you don't succeed, try the way I told you how to do it in the first place.

  10. #10
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C558 J9901

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,810
    Rep Power
    101

    Re: Bizhub C558 J9901

    Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    wow this thread went off on a wild tangent.

    I like to use the term short edge feed and long edge feed - but people look at me blankly when I use these terms and end up having to revert to using the terms landscape and portrait also. We arent dealing with paintings here - SEF and LEF should be it.


    I think it depends if you’re talking to an engineer or an end user.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here