Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Bizhub c220 C-C171

Bizhub c220 C-C171

Goodmorning everyone
    As per the title i have a c220 who started getting stuck in the hourglass and a few times that it started it popped C-C171.I tried to update the firmware but i got an almost instant N.G at the MFP controller part(I tried 4-5 usbs).Today i switched the MFP from a spare machine that i have and i took the DIMM and NVRAM from the "broken" one and mounted them on the "new"one and started it up.This time on the FW update screen the option of MFP controller is missing completely.Im almost certain i did something wrong but i asked a fellow tech from KM and told me to do the procedure this way and im kinda stuck at the moment..
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
    I don't like the new copier I just bought. It says "put face down" but every time I do it, it blinds my eyes.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Bizhub c220 C-C171

Re: Bizhub c220 C-C171

Quote Originally Posted by DigiMan View Post
    Goodmorning everyone
    As per the title i have a c220 who started getting stuck in the hourglass and a few times that it started it popped C-C171.I tried to update the firmware but i got an almost instant N.G at the MFP controller part(I tried 4-5 usbs).Today i switched the MFP from a spare machine that i have and i took the DIMM and NVRAM from the "broken" one and mounted them on the "new"one and started it up.This time on the FW update screen the option of MFP controller is missing completely.Im almost certain i did something wrong but i asked a fellow tech from KM and told me to do the procedure this way and im kinda stuck at the moment..
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Did you take the MFPB from another C220 or C280/C360 ?

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Bizhub c220 C-C171

Good question actually and sorry for not mentioning it,everything from the spare machine was stripped down so i dont know...but between boards i found some differences in the logical switches so im guessing it indeed was another model.Anyway the machine is going to be replaced(was looking for an excuse) so all is good.Thanks copier tech!
    I don't like the new copier I just bought. It says "put face down" but every time I do it, it blinds my eyes.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

off topic:
    DigiMan, cool signature
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.