Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician
    Konica c454e problem

Konica c454e problem

Hi,

I have a problem with a C454e that i gave to a dog rescue here in Sweden. A guy at my company reseted the printer and it was fully working before we moved it to their place.
    But it wont print now. I think it might be the FW? I know for sure it need the animated guide FW. But is there more for the printer?

When i try to copy or print it just say "print cancel" in joblist. When i go to service menu and do a testprint it prints. So im totaly lost.

I reseted the user/account authentication. And tried with making it public. But it wont print anything.

So im woundering, can it refuse to print thanks to lacking the FW? And can someone sort me out with them?

Is there any tips i can do to continue my work with fixing it for them?

My English isnt the best i know, but i hope you guys can understand me anyway.

Regards Robin

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Konica c454e problem

Re: Konica c454e problem

Quote Originally Posted by Xehe View Post
    Hi,

I have a problem with a C454e that i gave to a dog rescue here in Sweden. A guy at my company reseted the printer and it was fully working before we moved it to their place.
    But it wont print now. I think it might be the FW? I know for sure it need the animated guide FW. But is there more for the printer?

When i try to copy or print it just say "print cancel" in joblist. When i go to service menu and do a testprint it prints. So im totaly lost.

I reseted the user/account authentication. And tried with making it public. But it wont print anything.

So im woundering, can it refuse to print thanks to lacking the FW? And can someone sort me out with them?

Regards Robin
    Your printer is definitely not without FW. Movie data only. Resetting the printer does not disable user authentication.
    This can be the problem that does not let the prints out.
    Nothing like day after day

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Check in service mode(System 2) if HDD shows as Installed.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician
    Konica c454e problem

I will go there tomorrow again and give it a go. I will check if HDD is installed.

How do i disable user authentication then? Feels like i tried everything. Allowed in all options. And tried to make it public. Checked every youtube tips i can find.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Konica c454e problem

I will go there tomorrow again and give it a go. I will check if HDD is installed.

How do i disable user authentication then? Feels like i tried everything. Allowed in all options. And tried to make it public. Checked every youtube tips i can find.
    ever thought about finding a service manual for it?

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...nual-requests/

In Admin mode under Security tab.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Konica c454e problem

Hi,

Regards Robin
    If the device was working before your guy reset the printer? find out EXACTLEY what he did.

It sounds like he formatted the HDD hence you getting the animation error, this won't stop the machine printing. However this could be hiding another warning, like image unit end of life etc.

Turn off user authentication & account track if you were using this at the previous location.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician
    Konica c454e problem

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Check in service mode(System 2) if HDD shows as Installed.
    Im here now, And HDD was marked on not installed

Then set HDD to installed.

Technician
    Konica c454e problem

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Then set HDD to installed.
    I did. But there is no change..