Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I series stopping at 25% of the boot process

has anyone seen anything from KM about this particular issue? Supposedly there is a procedure to correct this but nothing official has come out yet. E

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: I series stopping at 25% of the boot process

Isn't that issue supposed to be fixed with one of latest FWs. B5 I think.

From G00-B5 fixed issues...
    91. The screen freezes in a state of displaying the progress bar at 25% while starting up the MFP by turning the Main Power ON.
    Last edited by tsbservice; 10-20-2020 at 08:09 PM. Reason: add info
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    I series stopping at 25% of the boot process

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    has anyone seen anything from KM about this particular issue? Supposedly there is a procedure to correct this but nothing official has come out yet. E

Yes this seems to be a common issue with the iseries supposedly resolved with the latest B5 firmware.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

its B6 now or 6B. there is a procerdure to reset the storage bd reqiures a code and you need to run the 8 series tool. it will wipe all meters. to tewst if its this bd take it out and see if you can upload firmware . the controller wont load since its on this bd

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

when i've had this issue i've simply reloaded or updated the firmware and thats fixed it.

I did have one recently which this did not work and had to initialize the storage board with the secret code (not allowed to share) once the firmware was loaded again it was fine.

i series can also do this because of the silly permanent power thing. I have seen brand new machines out the box not start because of having the pretend power siwtch at the front already in the on position when the mains power is supplied. This obviously could be a problem on machines in areas with bad power.

Another thing that can stop an i series booting is removing optional accessories like an ADF or fax kit without turning the function off in service mode before removal. Have seen this first hand.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    This is a known problem, I have had so many!
    If you update with firmware prior to G00-B5 you could solve it by replacing the STRB but the problem could recur.

I had this problem on a brand new C300i, I also changed 2 STRB and 1 CPUB as well as continuously updating the firmware. Just because even Konica Minolta didn't know what was happening and they backed me up under warranty.

These card changes were necessary because when I updated, NG appeared on the firmware page. If NG does not appear in your case, no elettronic board replacement will be necessary. You just need to upgrade to G00-B5/B6.
    In the end I solved it with G00-B5 but the printer completely reset and reported "change of cards detected" even if these cards have not been replaced anymore. So I advise you to come prepared with Movie Data, PDF/a font etc.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

My case is , update the firmware process cannot be performed.
    Only hold on 25% boot up screen with black dot on up left corner.