Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts barber782's Avatar

Best compatible toners

Hi everyone,

has anyone got a preferred compatible toner they use for Konica machines, mainly c258, 458, 250i etc?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Best compatible toners

Why? This is like shooting in your leg long therm wisely.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Best compatible toners

Quote Originally Posted by barber782 View Post
    Hi everyone,

has anyone got a preferred compatible toner they use for Konica machines, mainly c258, 458, 250i etc?
    Never yet found a good compatible toner they all cause some sort of issue.

Simply not worth it shortening the life of your drums, devs & transfer units costs more in the long run.

The main reason is because genuine KM toner has a small % of developer in with the toner keeping the devs topped up.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

We have found the the best compatible toner is OEM and we have found it to be 100% compatible for the machine it was intended.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

I had a stingy customer who bought a very old printer. I believe it was a C280. This printer was sold out, almost given away, but it always worked. For only $ 100. After the customer ran out of toners, he inserted compatible toners. Now he has incalculable damage and he preferred to throw the printer away. We also used compatible toners...it's a nice saving... but after several months the savings became a kick on the teeth

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

For BW machine type you can try some compatible toners,i see all the time users put them in all sort of machines and it works much or less ok, some toners make problems quickly and some of them run as OEM.
    It is a bit lottery.
    But for color machines is other story, have seen everything ruined many times, drums,developing units,TCR errors...

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Best compatible toners

Here are a few companies that I recommend:

- Static Control
    - Media Science
    - Katun

I had a company from China send me some free samples for a Kyocrea 3551ci. I have test copiers that we use for nothing but testing out compatibles. We compare the results with Original OEMs'. I'm looking at the test pages side-by-side...I literally cannot tell them apart.

I refilled the carts myself and replaced with new chip.

Cost:

Chip: 75-cents
    Toner: $21.00

Total cost: $21.75

Senior Tech 250+ Posts avecosat's Avatar

Katun is the best but only for a special occasions .

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Here are a few companies that I recommend:

- Static Control
    - Media Science
    - Katun

I had a company from China send me some free samples for a Kyocrea 3551ci. I have test copiers that we use for nothing but testing out compatibles. We compare the results with Original OEMs'. I'm looking at the test pages side-by-side...I literally cannot tell them apart.

I refilled the carts myself and replaced with new chip.

Cost:

Chip: 75-cents
    Toner: $21.00

Total cost: $21.75
    I'm sure you know short therm calculations may result in long therm interesting findings.
    The tests should be run over and over like for months and gong full PM cycle at minimum.
    Here there are plenty of volunteers I know to test how compatible works on KonMin still haven't heard good ones for color machine.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Best compatible toners

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I'm sure you know short therm calculations may result in long therm interesting findings.
    The tests should be run over and over like for months and gong full PM cycle at minimum.
    Here there are plenty of volunteers I know to test how compatible works on KonMin still haven't heard good ones for color machine.
    After I sold my Kyocera dealership years ago, I had to sign a no-compete clause, so I went into the compatible toner cartridge business. We rebuilt and sold thousands and thousands of compatibles over the years. Everything from HP, Dell, Lexmark, ect.

I'd say I know about as much as anyone about compatibles. I agree with you that testing is paramount. I don't take anyone's word for it....good or bad. I do the testing.

On a side note: I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. I'm just giving y'all my experience based on the results I have gotten.

I don't know if anyone has ever seen a bottle of color HP toner. It's a powder but if you shake it up in the bottle, it looks like a liquid. HP has gotten the toner participles so small that it looks like water.

EDIT: Some government accounts won't use anything but compatibles due to "saving the environment".