Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Best compatible toners

Re: Best compatible toners

Quote Originally Posted by barber782 View Post
    Hi everyone,

has anyone got a preferred compatible toner they use for Konica machines, mainly c258, 458, 250i etc?
    The Konica toners are not just toner but also have developer as a component. The generics do not. For that reason you should always use the oem. It maintains the developer to toner ratio correctly. Otherwise you run the risk of ddvelopers getting starved and failing early. Not worth the risk in my opinion. Any savings you get from the compatible toner evaporates with more frequent parts needed.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Best compatible toners

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    The Konica toners are not just toner but also have developer as a component. The generics do not. For that reason you should always use the oem. It maintains the developer to toner ratio correctly. Otherwise you run the risk of ddvelopers getting starved and failing early. Not worth the risk in my opinion. Any savings you get from the compatible toner evaporates with more frequent parts needed.

I remember back in the day, Sharp came out with a copier that (supposedly) never required changing the developer because every new toner had the developer in it.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Best compatible toners

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I remember back in the day, Sharp came out with a copier that (supposedly) never required changing the developer because every new toner had the developer in it.
    Well the Konica’s do require developer replacement but the intervals are sometimes as much as 600,00o due to the toner having developer in it. Really makes copy quality stay stable for a long time.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Best compatible toners

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    Well the Konica’s do require developer replacement but the intervals are sometimes as much as 600,00o due to the toner having developer in it. Really makes copy quality stay stable for a long time.

I think I remember reading somewhere that Kyocera put fine particles of "ceramic" in their toner. It's supposed to help clean the drum or something.

Hence the name: Kyo (Kyoto Japan) cera (ceramics). Kyocera.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

I think I remember reading somewhere that Kyocera put fine particles of "ceramic" in their toner. It's supposed to help clean the drum or something.

Hence the name: Kyo (Kyoto Japan) cera (ceramics). Kyocera.
    Long before they even heard about photocopiers they were Kyoto Ceramic Company.
    Our Brand | About the Kyocera Group | About | KYOCERA
    Kyocera - Wikipedia
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Best compatible toners

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Long before they even heard about photocopiers they were Kyoto Ceramic Company.
    Our Brand | About the Kyocera Group | About | KYOCERA
    Kyocera - Wikipedia
    Yes, sir. Ceramic is a super-conductor that they use in electronics and they also used to have the world's sharpest knife with a ceramic blade. I used to go to some of Kyocera's trade shows when I was a dealer.

Was it the Kyocera KM-6230 that had a ceramic drum that lasted 2-million copies? Been a long time...I forget.

Best compatible toners

Yes, sir. Ceramic is a super-conductor that they use in electronics and they also used to have the world's sharpest knife with a ceramic blade. I used to go to some of Kyocera's trade shows when I was a dealer.

Was it the Kyocera KM-6230 that had a ceramic drum that lasted 2-million copies? Been a long time...I forget.
    It is the Kyocera KM-6230. But it didn't last 2-million. It last 3.6 million pages:

• Drum Yield, Black: Estimated 3,600,000 Pages

Kyocera KM-6230 KM-6230 Supplies and KM-6230 Parts

Thumbs up Re: Best compatible toners

It is the Kyocera KM-6230. But it didn't last 2-million. It last 3.6 million pages:

• Drum Yield, Black: Estimated 3,600,000 Pages

Kyocera KM-6230 KM-6230 Supplies and KM-6230 Parts
    Wow, that's impressive !
    3,600,000 Pages sounds like it was big fat fella with super heavy duty coating.
    We went somehow off topic anyway but I'm interested in your expertise and we maybe can discuss it privately later.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Best compatible toners

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Wow, that's impressive !
    3,600,000 Pages sounds like it was big fat fella with super heavy duty coating.
    We went somehow off topic anyway but I'm interested in your expertise and we maybe can discuss it privately later.

The drum was made out of ceramic. Ceramic is SUPER hard. I sold a bunch of KM-6230's back in the day. Don't ever remember having to replace a drum. I do remember the drums being expensive as hell if I needed to order one.

As far as my expertise? I'm more up-to-date on compatible toner than I am MFPs. I was away from copiers for a long time. But if I can share anything...I'm glad to do it.

As far as my expertise? I'm more up-to-date on compatible toner than I am MFPs. I was away from copiers for a long time. But if I can share anything...I'm glad to do it.
    I'm wide open for anyone with real experience in any area, compatibles also.
    Yep, BillyCarpenter is name near the top of my list.