Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Bizhub c224 - scanner issue

Hi! I have problem with scan from glass and adf. Print is ok. Copies are skewed and cut on one edge. Anyone of you had that problem?

Last edited by Hadi; 10-21-2020 at 09:10 PM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Bizhub c224 - scanner issue

Invalid Attachment specified.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Now we can see.
    Scanner bed front left area is pushed down. You have to try "gently" tug it upward.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

Loosen the screws on both hinges and adjust the RHS adjuster screw until the copy is straight. Check the height (gap) is even all the way around the DF. Finally calibrate using a test chart.(every new copier will have a DF calibration chart) if you don't have it just stick to manual adjustment. There is also adjustment for pressure rollers in the DF cover that move white rollers up and down. Give them a go. Make sure all relay rollers are clean and exit mylar is not worn and without any ripped ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Loosen the screws on both hinges and adjust the RHS adjuster screw until the copy is straight. Check the height (gap) is even all the way around the DF. Finally calibrate using a test chart.(every new copier will have a DF calibration chart) if you don't have it just stick to manual adjustment. There is also adjustment for pressure rollers in the DF cover that move white rollers up and down. Give them a go. Make sure all relay rollers are clean and exit mylar is not worn and without any ripped ends.
    Max that's is perfectly fine but OP said BOTH glass and DF. Why to bother adjustments DF while base is not even. First I would make sure copy from a glass is straight and then do DF adjustments if needed.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

Ah. Missed that. There is a technical bulletin about it then. Reg plate worn out and reg bushing sticking. Make sure you get 2 mylars for the plate too otherwise it a heat gun and some patience.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Now we can see.
    Scanner bed front left area is pushed down. You have to try "gently" tug it upward.
    I tried to tug it up and i think it's better but in SM I have to change in scan area some values and now copies are similar to original but not ideal. Without this changes copies have one edge cutted. I think this is not good solution and still it's something wrong.

Yes just do copy gradation adjustment

Do the automatic adjustments using the setup sheet provided with the DF.
    Whatever

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub c224 - scanner issue

I know it's a bit confusing getting such a wide variety of advice.

I'm with tsbservice. The scanner frame gets bent from endusers leaning on it. As a starting point I usually use a tape measure. Remove the scanner outer covers, and measure the distance from the floor to the top of the scanner frame at both the front and the back. I've seen a difference of up to 10mm in those measurements. Clearly this won't work on carpeting or an uneven floor. Then loosen the screws that secure the scanner, and pull it back up to the point where the measurements are the same. Then tighten the screws.

One of our in shop techs used an automotive scissors jack to push the scanner up slightly past level, then screw it down tight. I'd imagine that would be hard to explain to a curious customer.

Back in the analog days the Ricoh monochrome machines were known for this. We called it "The Ricoh Bear Hug". I'd take a look around to make sure the enduser wasn't watching, then I'd lean over the scanner slipping my left arm under the scanner and gently lift the machine off the floor a few times.

Don't even think about the electronic adjustments until you've done this part. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=