Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    PC410/415 lift wires

PC410/415 lift wires

Is there mod to stop lift wires coming out of the grooves of A2XM622400

I recall someone mentioned sticking mylar over it but cant find any mention of it in the September 2019 part guide.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    PC410/415 lift wires

Re: PC410/415 lift wires

I used a heavy control panel sticker. Cut a 2mm x 30mm wide strip for the outer side and a 4mm x 30mm wide strip for the inner side. The cable only gets loose enough at the bottom of the travel, when there is no weight on it. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    PC410/415 lift wires

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I used a heavy control panel sticker. Cut a 2mm x 30mm wide strip for the outer side and a 4mm x 30mm wide strip for the inner side. The cable only gets loose enough at the bottom of the travel, when there is no weight on it. =^..^=
    so no official mod? i was planning on just dabbing some super glue in the slit it keeps using to escape

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    so no official mod? i was planning on just dabbing some super glue in the slit it keeps using to escape
    I have used a small amount of plastic epoxy to "fill in" the top part of the hole to prevent the wires from jumping out. It works well, and since the epoxy doesn't bond well to that type of plastic, it is fairly easily removed should you have a need to service the cable down the road.

One of the other techs in my office discovered a really good way of plugging that hole, that I'm looking at doing from now on. He took the small clear rubber corona holder (56AA17830) out of a BH600 transfer unit, cut it in half, and shoved the half of it down into the opening. I'm pretty sure those little rubber holders are used in a number of copier models, so shouldn't be too hard to find if you any ancient machines laying around you could scavenge them from.

I can't find any good images online, but here is the closest I could get. It's a clear rubber block, with a slit in the middle that goes about halfway down the length of the block. The corona wire would rest in that slit. You can't see the slit in this picture.
    https://arcservicesco.com/images/thu...font-_550.jpeg
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

PC410/415 lift wires

I was thinking about hot glue, for the same reason. It doesn't stick very well, so it can be removed easily enough. It's just pretty snug down in that cavity. Long handled tools or hemostats .. without removing the face of the tray.

The rubber plug is a good idea. =^..^=

bizhub 658e J16-01 misfeeds tray #3 1.jpgbizhub 658e J16-01 misfeeds tray #3 3.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I was thinking about hot glue, for the same reason. It doesn't stick very well, so it can be removed easily enough. It's just pretty snug down in that cavity. Long handled tools or hemostats .. without removing the face of the tray.

The rubber plug is a good idea. =^..^=

bizhub 658e J16-01 misfeeds tray #3 1.jpgbizhub 658e J16-01 misfeeds tray #3 3.jpg
    Is that the one at the front of the tray, or are my aging eyes playing tricks on me? So far I've only ever encountered the cable issue on the back side of the tray. Maybe I've just been lucky so far...
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I just block the hole with blue tak. Been doing it for a long time now and never had a cable fall out after.

PC410/415 lift wires

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Is that the one at the front of the tray, or are my aging eyes playing tricks on me? So far I've only ever encountered the cable issue on the back side of the tray. Maybe I've just been lucky so far...
    Correct, the front. Same effect on the front or back. =^..^=

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

When the cable is kinked at the pulley end you can reverse it to get an extra life out of it.

The cable holders on the lift platform are easy to remove without breaking by slipping a razor blade under the plastic stopped by the metal dimple. Dont be a dumbass and cut yourself.

The inertial damper on the lifting shaft is designed to stop the backspin from people opening the tray when full of paper. The backspin allows the cable to come off the pulley and causes the kink.

If the damper isnt damping, replace it. And re-educate end users to use bypass tray or other trays for one-off stock. The large capacity tray is not designed to be opened continuously while full of paper. This is what ruins the damper.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    PC410/415 lift wires

All of these better ideas than mine. But I have fixed this on the fly by wedging the perfect size tiny piece of paper.... folded up tight (real tight) in the groove. Just the right size to not obstruct cable but folded tight enough to not pop out. Didn't get a call back. Done it twice.