C-2458 Error on KM C1060

Hello Copytechnet.com Friends!

Need to pick your brain for a second and see what you think about this C-2458 Error on C1060. The machine was running beautifully until it woke from a low power state and threw this code. Gamma/Reg sensors were cleaned and it still persists. Cannot perform registration calibration or get more than one test sheet without throwing this code.

Now on the post PRESS C1060 with errors, yssshin79 mentioned lubricant attached to toner. Something is lost in translation and I am trying to connect the dots.

On this machine, the fuser is showing some residue build-up (lubricant?), so I am wondering if that is what yssshin79 means... question is, does that transfer backwards onto the transfer belt and into the toner/developer, thus contaminating the system?

Also, the fuser belt is brand new. Cyan developer is fairly new and the other three are just over 50%.

Appreciate the help!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C-2458 Error on KM C1060

Re: C-2458 Error on KM C1060

I suspect that your black developer is overtoning. If you remove the black developer and it dumps a lot of toner on the floor you can be sure.

I would try to detone the black developer 10 solids at a time. If you have clear evidence of overtoning, replace the black developer, and do the necessary calibrations. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Yes, I removed the developer section and it looks fine. There is no dumping inside the unit and I turned the developer by hand to see if there was anything awry. Developer level was normal, no caking or problems with the agitators/screws.

OK, got a little more information. This is a new drum that was installed apparently 2-3 months ago. Could this be a result of using a setting powder bag to prep the drum at installation?

I will try and detone the black developer 10 solids at a time and see where that goes, however I only have TS Guide 1.9E that states on page 98 (closest keywords found with lubricant-toner band):

1. Execute Toner Refresh Mode
    [Administrator Setting]→[System Setting]→[Expert Adjustment]→[Execute Adjust Operation]→[Toner Refresh Mode]→[back to regular display]
    After returning the regular display, Toner Refresh Mode is automatically executed.

1. Turn the DIPSW for the band.
    Change toner band creation interval.
    [Service]→[System Setting]→[Software DIPSW Setting]

Thanks

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C-2458 Error on KM C1060

I doubt very much that any setting powder could make that much of a difference in overtoning, based mainly on the minuscule amount of dusting powder.

You can also get overtoning errors if the transfer belt is not cleaning correctly.

The simplest way to detone is to print heavy fill originals like the one I'll attach. To re-check toner density: service mode > Process Adjustment > Sensor Output Confirm > Toner Density Sensor Output > select CMYK > Start > preferred reading 29735 to 29835 (30010 is too high) > if the value is above target run 10 more pages (I ran a total of 60). Force Toner Add: service mode > Process Adjustment > Drum Peculiarity Adjustment >Toner Density Revert > select: K > Start.

=^..^=
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

blackcat4866,

Well, just to add to the conversation about transfer belt cleaning. Transfer Belt Cleaning Life is at 48% (1/27/20)

Thank you for the solid test blocks. No stranger to those little tools... so I went into test mode to print several letter prints in full color and black like you suggested.

SIDE NOTE: Once I'm in test mode it's locked out? I have to restart the machine, I cannot exit print mode back to the main service mode.

The Toner Density Sensor Output (TDSO) read K=30155, I ran the prints to flood the system and checked again K=30136.
    Did the Toner Density Revert and got K=9.5%.
    Toner Density Sensor Output still around 30136 but was dropping as it ran.

Let the copier do a full warm-up, and it works. Punched a few more prints in black to detone some more. TDSO reads K=30123, so it's dropping and printing.

Another note is a recent change in stock. This machine is used to produce product labels on stock set for 232 gsm, prior to that it was set much lower at 106-135 gsm. The 106-135 gsm was underrating the stock being run at that time.

Appreciate it!
    Last edited by OverKnight; 11-13-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Just thought I'd add to close the conversation on the error code...

It's been several months without error and the density overall has been strong on all colors. No coding since November 2020.

Another note:
    I have instituted the practice of shutting the machine down fully over the weekend. Prior practice has been leaving the machine on 24/7, 7 days a week. I'm assuming a cold start is a good baseline once in while, rather than coming from sleep mode all the time.

Not sure of the real impact, but letting the system rest and doing a full restart on Monday morning seems like a no-brainer. In my experience, this method has always been used in production environments and also saves money at the same time!