Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

c3350i series fun

this model really doesn’t like long periods of inactivity. I have been recommissioning stored machines that were in daily use up till 6 months ago and so far all have had stagnant developer. IE incorrect TCR value readings of 2-3%. This is dangerous as if its allowed to continue for any period of time the machine will end up adding toner when it’s not required.

removal and shaking of the IU’s (with finger blocking the inlet shutter) fixes the problem instantly and all 4 iu’s reported 9%+

I then run 25x cmyk gradation pages till the machine proves itself to me and I check the values again at around 6. something % and approve for release into the wild.

the other known issue with them is early version base boards discharge the battery after 6 months being disconnected from a power source. If the clock reports 2017 when first powered up after storage you’re up for battery replacement (soldered down) or at the very least setting up NTP settings in the machine for regular clock syncing. Late versions of thr base board in current production dont discharge the battery so quickly.

current firmware will also spin the developer sections at the maximum possible speed when stabilization is executed in expert mode or service mode, but only when all trays are pulled out and bypass is empty (secret mode) this may prevent having to shake the IU’s if done upto 3 times.

This is gonna be interesting for those who have experienced extended lockdowns etc or paused orders due to covid (why im doing this)

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    c3350i series fun

Re: c3350i series fun

Thanks for sharing. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts KMFLT3CH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    current firmware will also spin the developer sections at the maximum possible speed when stabilization is executed in expert mode or service mode, but only when all trays are pulled out and bypass is empty (secret mode) this may prevent having to shake the IU’s if done upto 3 times.
    To add to this, the fw he is speaking of is G00-B5 from August.
    They released a bulletin regarding this problem as well, attached here: 12202.pdf
    I've done this a couple of times now and it worked out well.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KMFLT3CH View Post
    To add to this, the fw he is speaking of is G00-B5 from August.
    They released a bulletin regarding this problem as well, attached here: 12202.pdf
    I've done this a couple of times now and it worked out well.
    This is interesting, thanks!
    I think this is also valid for series 8. I remember that the KM teacher gave us this skill in case we encounter problems with TCR.

Installed the first one today. Found and amendment in the setup instructions to remove and shake every IU before switching the machine on.
    Then to check and verify TCR even before doing date and time...

Got me going for a while to get it setup on a remote server. Took me a couple of hours to figure out that IP filtering is setup by default.
    Not sure if i like this one.

The bigger they are the better i like them. Work on 75ppm and up 95% of the time these little things just piss me off.
    Whatever