Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    c308 losing network connection, but only for scanning

Question c308 losing network connection, but only for scanning

Hi all,
    I've searched until my eyes are crossed, but I can't seem to track this one down.
    Also, I've investigated the possibility of it being an issue with SMBv1, but it appears that it's already on on this machine.
    The 'server' at my office is just a windows 7 desktop machine, acting as a file hub for our office.
    The Konica is set up scan to a shared folder on the server, and normally it works just fine.
    However, intermittently, it loses the connection to the scan folder. Sometimes it drops twice a day, sometimes it works fine for several days.
    When it fails, there is an error on the screen, but the office manager can't recall what it is exactly. I'll try to get a photo the next time it happens.
    Oddly, it will sometimes drop in the middle of a multi-page scan job. Rebooting the server fixes it for a while.
    Any idea what this could be?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: c308 losing network connection, but only for scanning

At what FW version is your machine?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Have you replaced the network cable and changed the port on the network switch?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    At what FW version is your machine?
    Good question. Is that info viewable via the web interface?
    I'm remote at the moment.
    Also, I've just discovered that it seems that someone has changed the admin login from the default 1-8x2.
    Any idea how to reset it, or if that's even possible remotely?
    The plot thickens...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Have you replaced the network cable and changed the port on the network switch?
    Unfortunately, that's not an option. Someone (not me!) ran cat5 directly from the server area to the copier room. There are terminated cables hanging out of the wall at both ends. No patch cords, no way to swap them out. Yeah, I know.
    As for the switch, we haven't tried another port specifically, but the switch itself was replaced about a year ago. The issue existed before then, so I'm gonna say that's not the problem...maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmojo View Post
    Unfortunately, that's not an option. Someone (not me!) ran cat5 directly from the server area to the copier room. There are terminated cables hanging out of the wall at both ends. No patch cords, no way to swap them out. Yeah, I know.
    As for the switch, we haven't tried another port specifically, but the switch itself was replaced about a year ago. The issue existed before then, so I'm gonna say that's not the problem...maybe.

Make sure the windows 7 box does not go into energy saver or turns off the hard drive

Is box using Hostname or static Ipaddress it's not the copier it's the PC that is the issue

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

I would do a continuous ping and note if there's any difference in the time or if it's losing connection intermittently.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Hi all,
    I've searched until my eyes are crossed, but I can't seem to track this one down.
    Also, I've investigated the possibility of it being an issue with SMBv1, but it appears that it's already on on this machine.
    The 'server' at my office is just a windows 7 desktop machine, acting as a file hub for our office.
    The Konica is set up scan to a shared folder on the server, and normally it works just fine.
    However, intermittently, it loses the connection to the scan folder. Sometimes it drops twice a day, sometimes it works fine for several days.
    When it fails, there is an error on the screen, but the office manager can't recall what it is exactly. I'll try to get a photo the next time it happens.
    Oddly, it will sometimes drop in the middle of a multi-page scan job. Rebooting the server fixes it for a while.
    Any idea what this could be?
    This sound like your Win 7 PC/server is possibly going into sleep mode then the LAN card will disconnect.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I would do a continuous ping and note if there's any difference in the time or if it's losing connection intermittently.

By the way, I stole that from another member and I'd give them credit if I could remember who it was.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Good question. Is that info viewable via the web interface?
    I'm remote at the moment.
    Also, I've just discovered that it seems that someone has changed the admin login from the default 1-8x2.
    Any idea how to reset it, or if that's even possible remotely?
    The plot thickens...
    Why would anyone change Admin password on your machine? That really doesn't make sense.
    You can reset it via service mode but that's another story.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.