Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    c308 losing network connection, but only for scanning

Re: c308 losing network connection, but only for scanning

The biggest problem I ran into when using Filezilla was it would say "You appear to be behind a NAT router. The video below gives the solution and mine would not work with doing this:

Filezilla FTP server on Windows 10 - NAT problem (2/2) - YouTube

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Cool, thanks guys!
    I found some documentation from Konica about using the built in Windows FTP server.
    I have it set up to test, and will give that a shot tomorrow.
    If it doesn't work, I'll try Filezilla. Thanks again for the quick replies!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ok, so I'm on site, but I've hit a wall...
    Firstly, stupid me can't find the port for the FW update. I thought it was the front panel port, but the machine doesn't do anything different when I power on while holding [STOP] with the drive plugged in. All I get is an error message once it's fully booted, saying that external storage is not available at this time.
    I thought maybe it used the rear service port, like my 364e, but it doesn't seem to have one. There are several unused ports back there, but it ignore all of them upon boot.

I should have done a little better homework....sorry!
    Last edited by Elmojo; 11-27-2020 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Found CE mode instructions

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

its the front port and holding stop, you were doing it correctly, your flash drive however cannot be over 8G (4g preferred) formatted fat32 and the FW000xx folder (as is) goes on the root.
    you can also try leaving the door open the whole time, that helps sometimes.
    also on the MFP in the back there is a usb port marked "front usb" you can unplug the cable and plug the flash drive in that port as well.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmojo View Post
    Ok, so I'm on site, but I've hit a wall...
    Firstly, stupid me can't find the port for the FW update. I thought it was the front panel port, but the machine doesn't do anything different when I power on while holding [STOP] with the drive plugged in. All I get is an error message once it's fully booted, saying that external storage is not available at this time.
    I thought maybe it used the rear service port, like my 364e, but it doesn't seem to have one. There are several unused ports back there, but it ignore all of them upon boot.
    Finally, what's the sequence to pull up CE mode? I know the passcode, I just can't recall the keystrokes to pull up the option, and I'm working on the machine where I'd normally load the svc manual.
    I should have done a little better homework....sorry!
    Try another USB drive, did you prepare this drive - FAT32 format copy FW0002 folder etc. You should use panel USB port. Try it again leaving front door open. As entering CE mode check your PM...
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

LOL.. not quick enough

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    LOL.. not quick enough
    You are always welcome to try in my language...and I learned English mainly by myself
    Anyway glad we're thinking the same line...means something to me
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Man, you guys are sharp! I love it!
    I've tried 2 different drives, one 1GB and one 2GB. Those are the smallest I have. Everything else is 16GB+.
    I tried holding stop just for the first few seconds of boot, and for the entire time until the GUI loads, no difference.
    I see it accessing the drive (activity light) and when the GUI loads, I get a message about external storage not being available yet, so I know it sees it.
    If I go into CE code and try to "install data" from there (per the svc manual), it just says "File NG" beside each category line if I try to select anything to install.
    I tried it with the front door open, and it seemed to just hang at the 2 bars boot stage. Is that normal?
    I'll try the rear port.

No you can't do FW from CE mode. Just use correct procedure from SM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmojo View Post
    Man, you guys are sharp! I love it!
    I've tried 2 different drives, one 1GB and one 2GB. Those are the smallest I have. Everything else is 16GB+.
    I tried holding stop just for the first few seconds of boot, and for the entire time until the GUI loads, no difference.
    I see it accessing the drive (activity light) and when the GUI loads, I get a message about external storage not being available yet, so I know it sees it.
    If I go into CE code and try to "install data" from there (per the svc manual), it just says "File NG" beside each category line if I try to select anything to install.
    I tried it with the front door open, and it seemed to just hang at the 2 bars boot stage. Is that normal?
    I'll try the rear port.
    Did you ever see black dot on touch while trying to boot holding stop?
    If you see it when leaving front door open just wait a bit long maybe 10-15 minutes.