Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    685
    Rep Power
    34

    Fs537 staple issue

    Hi all.

    I have an FS537 attached to a c659 with a staple problem.

    The first set of stapled sheets is fine however any subsequent sets have the first sheet of the set offset a few mm from the second and following pages. Sometimes the offset is bad enough that it doesnít even get stapled.
    The unit has done over a million prints, the firmware is the latest. The eject unit and alignment plates have been replaced recently for this problem but has not fixed it.
    Does any one have any suggestions or experience on this particular fault?
    I look forward to any replies.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    freiburg
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Fs537 staple issue

    I had a similar Issue. It was the paper that cone out from thevfusing unit wavy.

    Gesendet von meinem SM-G980F mit Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Fs537 staple issue


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,223
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Fs537 staple issue

    Have you clean/replace the finisher paddles above the eject assy

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    685
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Fs537 staple issue

    Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    Have you clean/replace the finisher paddles above the eject assy

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Yes forgot to mention those.
    However as I said in my post the first set is ok, its the second set and on that has the problem.
    The only difference is that the first set goes straight through the fns and directly into the stapler whereas the first sheet for the subsequent sets reverses and is held in a guide where it waits for the second sheet to arrive then they are both exited to the stapler area and the rest of the set goes on top.
    I have a feeling that this is where the fault is but cant quite nail it down (yet).

  5. #5
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Fs537 staple issue


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,223
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Fs537 staple issue

    So the alignment plates aren't squaring off paper or the paper doesn't sit back far enough in finisher?

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    4,309
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: Fs537 staple issue

    Worth dropping the fuser temp to test the theory. Had similar issues with finisher stacking.
    If the paper is of a poor grade flip the ream upside down to see it that reduce paper curl.
    In that case get better paper.
    Whatever

  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    685
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Fs537 staple issue

    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Worth dropping the fuser temp to test the theory. Had similar issues with finisher stacking.
    If the paper is of a poor grade flip the ream upside down to see it that reduce paper curl.
    In that case get better paper.
    Does it on a4 sef and lef and on a3 so I doubt itís the paper. There is a 958 next to it with the same fns on and that doesnít have the problem.
    i have also swapped the finishers between the two machines and the fault stays with the finisher so itís not a relay unit or main body issue.
    I have various parts on order now and will report back if I fix it.

  8. #8
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Meridian, MS
    Posts
    1,144
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Fs537 staple issue

    Does this finisher have a reverse roller that tamps the sheets into place for stapling??? Or is it the side guides not tamping the sheets into position???Fs537 staple issue It's also possible that there's either a bad stepper motor that is skipping steps or a problematic driver board missing steps--failing driver chip. Many times if a stepper is not driven at the proper current for a particular load, it can also skip steps!!!...which would probably indicate a bad driver chip.Fs537 staple issue

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    freiburg
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Fs537 staple issue

    I would hijacking the finischer door and looking inside during staple process to collect info

    Gesendet von meinem SM-G980F mit Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    685
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Fs537 staple issue

    Quote Originally Posted by tech51 View Post
    Hi all.

    I have an FS537 attached to a c659 with a staple problem.

    The first set of stapled sheets is fine however any subsequent sets have the first sheet of the set offset a few mm from the second and following pages. Sometimes the offset is bad enough that it doesnít even get stapled.
    The unit has done over a million prints, the firmware is the latest. The eject unit and alignment plates have been replaced recently for this problem but has not fixed it.
    Does any one have any suggestions or experience on this particular fault?
    I look forward to any replies.
    So I had a brilliant idea and took a slow motion video of the exit to see what was happening. It turned out that the brand new eject unit which had been fitted by a previous technician was faulty and was causing the first sheet out to drag and cause the misalignment.

    I replaced the eject assembly again and itís been working fine since then.

    Cheers.....

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here