Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Automatic reset bizhub 4050

does a relay have to click if the fault is in the power supply? The way I see it, the control unit has its own outlet on the PSU. Is it possible that this connection port z. B. has a defective capacitor or similar.
    It already seems to be an absolute serial failure of the device? I noticed a comparative error with the corresponding Lexmark devices?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_bizhub View Post
    does a relay have to click if the fault is in the power supply? The way I see it, the control unit has its own outlet on the PSU. Is it possible that this connection port z. B. has a defective capacitor or similar.
    It already seems to be an absolute serial failure of the device? I noticed a comparative error with the corresponding Lexmark devices?

No not necessarily.
    Whatever

unfortunately the power supply did not help, I am looking for more

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Bot View Post
    unfortunately the power supply did not help, I am looking for more
    Oh , okay, thanks for the feedback, did you exchange it?

Oh , okay, thanks for the feedback, did you exchange it?

yes i did. I also replaced the HDD, the problem is still there

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Hi, have you noticed any problems with the display (operator panel)? Often in this model they fail and create strange errors.

Did you check the error log?
    Whatever

Technician

Sorry, i was knocked out for a few days - no corona ;-) Now I'm back with my old issue... at least every ten minutes this Printer resets inbetween.
    How do i get to the error codes at this machine? Counter >00 >01 doesn't get me to a service menue...

I already formatted the HDD without effect

When it resets i definitels don't hear a relay klicking, just som knocking of a speaker like switching of a transistor radio...

When I try to check the firmware in the menu, it just shows bars !?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance

Phil

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Automatic reset bizhub 4050

Sorry, i was knocked out for a few days - no corona ;-) Now I'm back with my old issue... at least every ten minutes this Printer resets inbetween.
    How do i get to the error codes at this machine? Counter >00 >01 doesn't get me to a service menue...

I already formatted the HDD without effect

When it resets i definitels don't hear a relay klicking, just som knocking of a speaker like switching of a transistor radio...

When I try to check the firmware in the menu, it just shows bars !?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance

Phil
    Kind of a shot in the dark but it might be worth hooking it into an uninterruptable power supply, just to remove electrical noise as a factor. Then maybe try swapping the RAM? Just because it's incredibly easy and at least with PCs faulty RAM can cause any number of weird random problems... After that I think that poking around with a multimeter would be your next task, I would preface that by disconnecting optional accessories and seeing if the behavior changes. Fair warning I'm still closer to 'PC tech' than 'copier tech' so this process does come from that background and is potentially biased towards that mindset. Good luck.

Technician

I already tryied it on a completely other circuit, like in another building, because i had some issues here recording to electrical noise.
    As i'm klicking frequently through the Menue for minutes then i had the effect, that i regognized it was freezing just 1 second before it rebooted - but anyway it doesn't get me any further...
    Does anyone know, where this ugly lexmark laser trashcan with a bizhub display has its Memory? somewhere around the HDD? or in the Displayunit? Somehoy everything is different to "kormal" and genuine bizhub machines...