Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Automatic reset bizhub 4050

Hello, I have a problem with the 4050, namely the machine resets itself every 9-10 minutes, it does not display any message, no error after the post is reset. I uploaded the latest firmware, changed the setting of Power Saving and nothing helps, the problem occurs on several machines, please help

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Re: Automatic reset bizhub 4050

Hi, access the service menu and check the error list.

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Hi, access the service menu and check the error list.
    The problem is she has no errors, it just resets without any message

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Unplug network cable, will it restart?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Unplug network cable, will it restart?

It makes no difference whether it is connected or not

Technician

Have exactly the same Problem here with my Bizhub 4050. It restarts several times an hour. sometimes without any action, somethimes wen you push a menu button after some waiting time - and sometimes when you start a copy.

Do you have any ideas inbetween what it might be? The MFP was a few month not in service due to corona, no idea if it startet already before. Or might it be some issues with the Puwer Supply? some leaking capacitor or thinks like that?

Seems to me as it is a serial failure :-(

ADDITION: I already have tried with / without LAN cable, on another circuit / Mains, already plugged out the Fax-module - it didn't change anything. No Errors Recorded, just as if the power is disconnected for a few milliseconds, then it starts up completely normal again... The point of the reboot is not provokable by any action, it's just a feeling that it occurs more often during an action like start Copy or adjusting something in the user Menu... but ist also occures if you leave it für 15 minutes alone

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_bizhub View Post
    Have exactly the same Problem here with my Bizhub 4050. It restarts several times an hour. sometimes without any action, somethimes wen you push a menu button after some waiting time - and sometimes when you start a copy.

Do you have any ideas inbetween what it might be? The MFP was a few month not in service due to corona, no idea if it startet already before. Or might it be some issues with the Puwer Supply? some leaking capacitor or thinks like that?

Seems to me as it is a serial failure :-(

ADDITION: I already have tried with / without LAN cable, on another circuit / Mains, already plugged out the Fax-module - it didn't change anything. No Errors Recorded, just as if the power is disconnected for a few milliseconds, then it starts up completely normal again... The point of the reboot is not provokable by any action, it's just a feeling that it occurs more often during an action like start Copy or adjusting something in the user Menu... but ist also occures if you leave it für 15 minutes alone
    I wonder if it may not be a power supply failure...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I see you have write "have tried with / without LAN cable" but i had a similar case with LAN cable and was the IPv6 of client enviroment.

Leave a door open and check if is works for more than 15min.
    Check the history for error codes even if it does not display it could still be logged if its a controller error.
    Do you hear the relays on the power supply click on and off when it restarts. If that is the case its probably the power supply or even the fuser.
    Or does it restart without the power supply loosing power?
    Whatever

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Leave a door open and check if is works for more than 15min.
    Check the history for error codes even if it does not display it could still be logged it its a controller error.
    Do you hear the relays on the power supply click on and off when it restarts. If that is the case its probably the power supply or even the fuser.
    Or does it restart without the power supply loosing power?
    Ditto on error history, some E301 may be logged. I would try HDD format at first.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.