Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Bizhub C308 Power Supply Humming Noise - Fuser

Re: Bizhub C308 Power Supply Humming Noise - Fuser

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    By drum do you mean fuser roller?
    No, Allan. Here we change the drums of the Drum Units.

I know the problem with Engr. is in the fusion.
    I just wanted to notify you that in my case, I managed to cause a hum in the power supply using a C364 drum in a C308 drum unit
    Nothing like day after day

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C308 Power Supply Humming Noise - Fuser

greeting,
    i need a power supply shematic diagram for c308
    does anyone know where it can be obtained.
    thank you

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Smile Re: Bizhub C308 Power Supply Humming Noise - Fuser

Jim in Dover Delaware chiming in. I am in no way an engineer, just a Konica Minolta copier tech for 30 years. If you listen closely, you can hear that annoying "buzz" sound on just about every copier that we service. If it annoys the customer, we make the copier go into energy save/ sleep mode after a few minutes. Another fix is to cut to size a soundproof tile, remove the outer metal covering from the power supply and insert the cut tile and reinstall the metal cover. This absorbs most of the buzz noise. We have had excellent results with that. I would say 75-80% reduction in noise. Also, several times we have had the customer pay an electrician to install a dedicated 20A outlet for the copier. That really helps. It could be the copier is "starved" for current. A dedicated 20A outlet really does the trick. We have also noticed, if you have digital line filter installed, remove it and plug the copier directly into the outlet, the noise will become much less.
    To check out the tiles we use, go to Amazon and paste this into the search bar "Sound Proof Sound Panels - 8 Pack 12" X 12" X 0.4" Acoustic Foam With Adhesive Stickers, Sound Absorbing Panels for Music Recording Studio Equipment, Home Sound Insulation A2S". They cost 29 bucks for a case and work great. One case of 8 tiles will take care of about 25 to 30 machines. We don't use any adhesive or tape for the install. They stay in place just fine.