Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Help for authentication configuration

Hello friends,
    I hope you can help me. I have a client with a Ricoh and they use the pin to access the printer. Also, it does not print until the pin is inserted into the printer. They also need to monitor print volumes for each user.

I on Konica Minolta (bizhub C368) could not find anything like this. I have activated account track and user box but to print they have to enter the pin twice (first for the account track and then for the user box). On ricoh you only need to enter the pin once.

I'm pretty sure even Konica Minolta can do it but I can't set it up.

So here are my requests:
    - PIN access configuration.
    - Prints only if I enter the PIN on the printer.
    - Monitor the print volume.
    - Avoid inserting the hold print pin multiple times.

Thanks in advance to those who will help me.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Help for authentication configuration

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Hello friends,
    I hope you can help me. I have a client with a Ricoh and they use the pin to access the printer. Also, it does not print until the pin is inserted into the printer. They also need to monitor print volumes for each user.

I on Konica Minolta (bizhub C368) could not find anything like this. I have activated account track and user box but to print they have to enter the pin twice (first for the account track and then for the user box). On ricoh you only need to enter the pin once.

I'm pretty sure even Konica Minolta can do it but I can't set it up.

So here are my requests:
    - PIN access configuration.
    - Prints only if I enter the PIN on the printer.
    - Monitor the print volume.
    - Avoid inserting the hold print pin multiple times.

Thanks in advance to those who will help me.
    On most copiers all of that can be done under Job Accounting. I this is what you're looking for:

Thanks, I already know this. In this case the printer sends the printout directly.
    I would like to have this but not print directly. The customer must first enter the pin on the printer. This is to avoid the theft of documents when the user is not present.

Thanks, I already know this. In this case the printer sends the printout directly.
    I would like to have this but not print directly. The customer must first enter the pin on the printer. This is to avoid the theft of documents when the user is not present.
    You mean something like printing to a secure "job box" where the customer must walk up to the machine and enter a code to print it out? I know how to do this on a Kyocera but not Ricoh or KM. That info should be in the user manual.

Edit: I should have read your post more closely. You've got it figured out but they have to enter the pin code twice and you want to set it to where they only have to enter the pin code once. Sorry for not paying closer attention. Good luck.
    Last edited by BillyCarpenter; 12-01-2020 at 01:22 PM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

I would go one step further and sell them Ysoft card reader and few IC cards. This way you can setup UA and account track on bizhub plus activate ID&Print in driver. That would work exactly like SafeQ without SafeQ
    All they need is to check their card on bizhub - for their jobs to be printed or to use machine other functions. You will have also statistics generating reports for Account Tracking & User Authentication - from the Web Connection.
    Take care
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I would go one step further and sell them Ysoft card reader and few IC cards. This way you can setup UA and account track on bizhub plus activate ID&Print in driver. That would work exactly like SafeQ without SafeQ
    All they need is to check their card on bizhub - for their jobs to be printed or to use machine other functions. You will have also statistics generating reports for Account Tracking & User Authentication - from the Web Connection.
    Take care
    That's even better. No pins.

Thanks, as always you are the best!
    Unfortunately this is a customer who does not want to spend, this is already a used printer. it is a bit complicated to explain to him why this Konica Minolta fails to perform a function that exists on a Ricoh printer from 5-7 years ago.
    I will try to investigate if perhaps some setting escapes me.

Maybe there is a solution. If I don't set the password for the user box as well, that's one step less.
    To tell the truth, I don't know if the Ricoh showed only the user's prints or all of them in the job list.
    The goal here is to keep track of the counters for each user and not print as long as the user is in front of the printer. it is already something.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Secure print is where you enter a PIN code at the copier to release the print job. I think it's called the same for both Ricoh and Konica.

The output method on the print driver has a drop-down menu to select it and enter the PIN.

Maybe there is a solution. If I don't set the password for the user box as well, that's one step less.
    To tell the truth, I don't know if the Ricoh showed only the user's prints or all of them in the job list.
    The goal here is to keep track of the counters for each user and not print as long as the user is in front of the printer. it is already something.

I thought about that. The only potential problem is that, I think, anyone can print from the unsecured document box.