Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Anyway to stop finisher sorting after each job Konica c308?

We have a kinda nightmare where a customer needs a finisher for one job so they can staple and then they don't need it for another job and just need speed.

The ideal is two printers but they won't spend money...

They print a report which is generated by bespoke software problem is it's generated as single 1 page jobs which are 600+ pages big. So machine prints then pauses paddles come in and out then job continues next page out paddles come in straighten stack and continue... This slows the machine down to 10-15 pages a minute.

Is there anyway to change how often it pauses to straighten the stack on finisher or anyway to make it see multiple single page jobs as one job?

Hope that makes sense.. thanks for any help.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Re: Anyway to stop finisher sorting after each job Konica c308?

isnt there a setting for continuous print? i know on production machines there is.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts KMFLT3CH's Avatar

Does it align each page one at a time and then push the pages out as a stack, or does it spit out each page completely before moving onto the next page?

Try going into Admin mode > System settings > Output settings > and turning off Shift Output Each Job.

Alternatively you can set Prints to come out on the top tray, and Copies on the bottom tray (Output Tray Settings, same menu as above). When they use the staple function for their other job, the machine will know to use the bottom tray. When they go to print out their reports, it will spit them straight out, no sorting, into the top tray.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KMFLT3CH View Post
    Does it align each page one at a time and then push the pages out as a stack, or does it spit out each page completely before moving onto the next page?

Try going into Admin mode > System settings > Output settings > and turning off Shift Output Each Job.

Alternatively you can set Prints to come out on the top tray, and Copies on the bottom tray (Output Tray Settings, same menu as above). When they use the staple function for their other job, the machine will know to use the bottom tray. When they go to print out their reports, it will spit them straight out, no sorting, into the top tray.
    I was going to suggest your second idea, but the problem with that is, the top tray isn't going to hold the 600+ pages he said the job prints. I'd give the first suggestion a try though and see if that speeds things up a bit.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KMFLT3CH View Post

Yeah I found that shift output and turned it off didn't make a difference and yeah the top tray wouldn't hold enough sheets.

Each job is an A5 barcode and it holds 1 page in the finisher paddles come in then it spits the single page out and starts again. Each page of this report is in the job list so there's 600 jobs all 1 page. It feels like because the finisher has to do the hold, adjust, straighten and eject each sheet it adds on atleast 4 seconds to each page being printed.

I'm guessing there's no way to get the finisher to just spit out single sheets don't hold them in the finisher? The way the machine is printing 1 A5 is going through at any one time instead of the usual 3-4 sheets going through at different points in the paper path.

I think it's gonna have to be you need a second machine for this job can't seem to win...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Maybe i don't understand your problem but it seems to me that you need a job merging tool to collect all jobs in one job.
    In one job the printer goes forward and don't have to wait for passing the last sensor on finisher.

Fineprint can do that.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Utility]
    • [Administrator]
      • [System Settings]
        • [Output Settings]
          • [Print/Fax Output]

• Try setting to batch printer..This worked on many older models..E