Technician

Konica c3350 printing extra pages - each with random parts of original documents

There is a c3350 that regardless of what device you are using to print whether Windows or Mac, prints off additional pages to the original document. It fires out an extra 4 or 5 sheets, each having a random (small) part of the original document on it and nothing else. Also with a decrease in quality.

I'm confused as to what this could be, any suggestions are appreciated.

Technician

Re: Konica c3350 printing extra pages - each with random parts of original documents

I feel like this could possibly be a needed firmware update, but don't want to take this step just yet in case it isn't necessary.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Konica c3350 printing extra pages - each with random parts of original documents

Re: Konica c3350 printing extra pages - each with random parts of original documents

I'd try updating firmware first but it's possible that the original document is too long for the paper in the tray and it's printing out an extra sheet.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I'd try updating firmware first but it's possible that the original document is too long for the paper in the tray and it's printing out an extra sheet.
    I agree on just doing the F/W update (the pdf with the F/W might even list that issue as a fix) but if the paper in the machine didn't match what the driver was sending, there would be a size error at the machine or on the PC, most likely.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

I would start with simple things like downloading again correct print driver for that model from KM site.
    Are you a tech or enduser? What Windows test page look like?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Try using another tray or bypass tray.
    Are the additional page on top of each other or do they come out individually?
    If together, separation is failing in paper tray.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Technician

I will stop tje printing session randomly and looking what clme out from paper tray. I suppose a problem with paper feed assy.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G980F mit Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post

Personally, I don't know where the idea of NOT doing F/W is coming from? I take every single machine that I sell to the latest F/W before going out the door, because why give a customer a machine with a potential problem when it could
    be easily remedied IN THE SHOP instead.

And you can't really know all the bugs that KM is fixing with each level, so why not do it preventatively? I've never had an issue, especially with KM, where the F/W caused a problem that wasn't there before.

Just my 2 cents
    OC