Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts avecosat's Avatar

Re: Bizhub C220 cyan color registration shift on one side after black drum replace

First clean the AIDC sensor and then in service mode -imaging process adjustment - stabilizer make a initialize +image stabilization and after you must to do test in Gradation Adjustment

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C220 cyan color registration shift on one side after black drum replace

Have we tried cleaning the laser slit glass with the magic wand that is on the door. The first scan looks like it is faded in the center. But all the rest, IDC sensors, reset and stabilize and gradation. Good luck.
    KEN

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

In case everything suggested here won't help:

I recall I had a faulty laser unit once (not shure if it was the C220 series or C452 back then). Some mirrors are adjusted via stepper motor and in our particular case the mirror/motor movement got stuck somehow over it's maximum movement because the MFP tried to "over-compensate" something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    In case everything suggested here won't help:

I recall I had a faulty laser unit once (not shure if it was the C220 series or C452 back then). Some mirrors are adjusted via stepper motor and in our particular case the mirror/motor movement got stuck somehow over it's maximum movement because the MFP tried to "over-compensate" something.
    I am unable to open/clean printer sensors for the moment. I will do it in the following days and come back with an update.
    Until I open it, I discovered in the 'Bizhub C220 Service Manual - Theory of operation' that there is something that controls the skew (that's what I should have put in the title of the thread: SKEW, not gradual SHIFT).

But, in the Service Menu > Machine > Skew Adjustment:
    1. my display is different than the one in the manual
    2. I did a Skew Reset
    2. I changed the Cyan skew values to both min and max values and there was NO change. I wasn't shoure, so I did initialization + stabilization + gradation after changes. Still, absolutely NO difference.

So yes, a stuck mirror motor might be the case. When I will open the printer, I will check both the sensors and the mirror motor (with my limited knowledge).

Again, I want to thank you all for your time and advice.
    I attached the pages that explain the skew for this model and my skew adjustment menu. I don't know, but in theory, I think this should be the "software" solution to my problem, but unfortunately it didn't work.

00.jpg01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg
    Last edited by Theophilos; 12-28-2020 at 07:00 PM. Reason: PNG Images not attached

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

If you go that path you have to manually turn the skew drives to a center position. Before re-installing the laser unit use a marker pen on the involving gears so - in case it won't work - at least you can see if one of the stepper motor might not have moved at all during the calibration phase.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

In service mode check Counter --> Warning if there's any P-14 counts.
    If there is you should use Print head reset option.
    After few clicking sounds power off/on the machine and do image stabilization only.
    Anyway I would highly revcommend you to clean IDC sensors before anything.
    To open fully right door remove small black plastic as mentioned before, and white lower connector (operation panel DVI cable) and remove transfer belt.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    You need to remove 3 pieces of plastic to open more right side door, a total of 3 screws. Be careful when removing ITB to not scratch it. ITB sensors are covered with strip of steel(shutter) you need to push it gently toward back of machine to reach sensors. Take good pictures of ITB and upload somewhere.
    This is very low metered machine it maybe worth a KM tech to inspect it, update FW etc.
    Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by REGSIS View Post
    In service mode check Counter --> Warning if there's any P-14 counts.
    If there is you should use Print head reset option.
    After few clicking sounds power off/on the machine and do image stabilization only.
    Anyway I would highly revcommend you to clean IDC sensors before anything.
    To open fully right door remove small black plastic as mentioned before, and white lower connector (operation panel DVI cable) and remove transfer belt.
    My bad, I was thinking about C224e series. Correct procedure is to remove rear right cover, disconnect two connectors and remove right hinge cover.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kenpio View Post
    Have we tried cleaning the laser slit glass with the magic wand that is on the door. The first scan looks like it is faded in the center. But all the rest, IDC sensors, reset and stabilize and gradation. Good luck.
    KEN
    A definite note that dirty/contaminated laser slit glass can create a "soft", meaning de-registered and lightened image due to the dust/toner "scattering" the write beam on the drum surface!!!Bizhub C220 cyan color registration shift on one side after black drum replaceBizhub C220 cyan color registration shift on one side after black drum replace

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html