Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bizhub C220 cyan color registration shift on one side after black drum replace

Please be patient with me. It's my first post here and I'm just a happy owner/user of a second hand bizhub C220.
    All the units and consumables were still under their end of life, except the black drum unit.

I replaced the the black drum unit and a shift in the Cyan color appeared on a side of the page. Putting back the old black drum unit did not fix the issue.

I tried looking in the color registration menu, but all changes there are on a page level, not for just one side.

I don't know where the IDC sensor is located or what I could clean/change. Google and forum search didn't get me to any results so far. Could you help me with some ideas? I don't want to waste your time.

Attached: jpg and pdf of a scanned print

Cyan shift.jpg

Drum Unit Status Start Date End of Life Forecast.
    Cyan 60% 29/5/2012 16/9/2026
    Magenta 60% 29/5/2012 16/9/2026
    Yellow 60% 29/5/2012 16/9/2026
    Black 1% 17/11/2020
    Developing Unit Status Start Date End of Life Forecast.
    Cyan 27% 29/5/2012
    Magenta 27% 29/5/2012
    Yellow 27% 29/5/2012
    Black 22% 29/5/2012
    Consumables Status Start Date End of Life Forecast.
    Ozone Filter 37% 29/5/2012 8/8/2035
    Fusing Unit 24% 29/5/2012
    Image Transfer Belt Unit 44% 29/5/2012 29/11/2031
    Transfer Roller Unit 37% 29/5/2012 8/8/2035
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C220 cyan color registration shift on one side after black drum replace

IDC sensor usually at the end of the ITB, just below it and above the registration roller. I've also seen them right above the ITB, right before the fuser...usually a solenoid actuated shutter covering the IDC sensor. Also what is the quality of your ITB?Bizhub C220 cyan color registration shift on one side after black drum replace Pull it out and have a look at it for wear and any other issues...could be one of the color transfer rollers and backside of the belt is worn, damaged, contaminated & not making good contact. Just note that the IDC sensor is usually used for sensing toner density for all colors so if it wasn't working you'd probably get a code. If the drums have life left but bad transfer, I'm betting the ITB is the problem!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C220 cyan color registration shift on one side after black drum replace

I've seen the "fade" or non-existent color happen if the dev unit of a particular color is not aligned properly with the drum so that the developer mag roller with toner on it can properly brush toner onto the charged drum.Bizhub C220 cyan color registration shift on one side after black drum replace

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

What is total counter? IDC sensors are under the right side of ITB you should remove ITB. Clean them only with soft cotton cloth.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    What is total counter? IDC sensors are under the right side of ITB you should remove ITB. Clean them only with soft cotton cloth.
    Total count: 132.723 (32.874 black, 98.039 full color)

I found the 2 screws holding the ITB, but I'm still looking in the service manual how to fully open or remove the side door, to allow the ITB to be removed.

Thank you very much for your input. It "kills" me that it all started with a simple (and careful) drum replace. It was suposed to be a "gift" to this wonderful printer.

Quote Originally Posted by Theophilos View Post
    Total count: 132.723 (32.874 black, 98.039 full color)

I found the 2 screws holding the ITB, but I'm still looking in the service manual how to fully open or remove the side door, to allow the ITB to be removed.

Thank you very much for your input. It "kills" me that it all started with a simple (and careful) drum replace. It was suposed to be a "gift" to this wonderful printer.
    You need to remove 3 pieces of plastic to open more right side door, a total of 3 screws. Be careful when removing ITB to not scratch it. ITB sensors are covered with strip of steel(shutter) you need to push it gently toward back of machine to reach sensors. Take good pictures of ITB and upload somewhere.
    This is very low metered machine it maybe worth a KM tech to inspect it, update FW etc.
    Good luck.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Before you get into all that, have you done a stabilization and gradation? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

I believe stabilization is carried automatically by the machine when he inserted new K drum. In any case gradations should be done manually. There is also color registration adjustment available through admin menu expert adjustments if I remember well.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Looking at the pdf you attached I noticed that the cyan line moves gradually off registration across the entire width. Zooming to 400% or more you can see that it actually exists the entire width and see it increase as you scroll. Automatic line position adjustment should be able to pull it back into alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Before you get into all that, have you done a stabilization and gradation? =^..^=
    Thank you all for your help!

1. I think image stabilization is done after every power on, but I also did it from the Administration menu. I tried both "Standard" and "Color Priority" stabilization.
    2. I did color gradation after your message, it didn't help, but the cyan shift is also visible in the gradation test pages.
    3. I also attached the test page from the Color Registration Adjust (Cyan) menu. Changing the Y values I didn't see any improvement, but the gradual shift of the Cyan is also very clear on the test page.
    4. I don't know where to find any settings regarding the "Automatic line position adjustment".

Right.jpgLeft.jpgColor Gradation.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files