Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C258

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C258

Re: C258

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post

Attachment 47765here are samples

Are you rebuilding the image units?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

I have had a similar problem: is the transfer belt cleaning blade. If you take it apart, you can vacuum it with the vacuum cleaner. Warning: if the toner granules have made the groove, you must replace the transfer belt because the line will probably come back.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C258

If you look at the color density where the line passes through the 40% fill squares, you'll see that the color density CMYK ratio stays the same as the rest of the box, just more dense.

If it were a primary transfer cleaning issue the lines would be composite black in color, so it's probably not primary transfer cleaning.
    Since it affects all colors equally it must be a primary transfer or secondary transfer issue.

There might be a primary transfer drive issue causing a compression.
    There might be variation in the transfer voltages.

If you had a like machine i would try the primary transfer belt, and second transfer roller each separately. I think you'll find that it's a primary transfer issue. I've seen something similar on a Kyocera Matsuri series, and a Toshiba Weisshorn 2H series. In both cases one of the electrical contacts was either out of position (not touching the facing roller or bushing), or I had left off a contact spring to the facing roller at the cleaning unit end.

Does any of that help? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Any non genuine consumables used? As I said lines perpendicular on paper feed direction are weird. You should run Stabilization followed with gradations and then print CMYK test patterns.
    Got there this morning and lines were gone ran some tests asked users and it has been fine,,Im not thoroughly convinced will wait and see

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    If you look at the color density where the line passes through the 40% fill squares, you'll see that the color density CMYK ratio stays the same as the rest of the box, just more dense.

If it were a primary transfer cleaning issue the lines would be composite black in color, so it's probably not primary transfer cleaning.
    Since it affects all colors equally it must be a primary transfer or secondary transfer issue.

There might be a primary transfer drive issue causing a compression.
    There might be variation in the transfer voltages.

If you had a like machine i would try the primary transfer belt, and second transfer roller each separately. I think you'll find that it's a primary transfer issue. I've seen something similar on a Kyocera Matsuri series, and a Toshiba Weisshorn 2H series. In both cases one of the electrical contacts was either out of position (not touching the facing roller or bushing), or I had left off a contact spring to the facing roller at the cleaning unit end.

Does any of that help? =^..^=
    Makes sense to me especially as OP mentioned of transfer belt replaced but wasn't specific about whole new genuine TBU or just aftermarket belt only.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.