Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

654e firmware needed, can't find on Konica Dealer Portal

Hi all,

I have a 654e with a c-d012. I put in a new HDD but understand I need to do firmware to get rid of the code.
    I can't find it on the dealer portal, product support, or in the firmware server.
    Anyone know where it is or can provide it to me?

Thanks
    Doug

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Re: 654e firmware needed, can't find on Konica Dealer Portal

This code requires you to logically format the HDD.
    SM - State confirmation - Memory / Storage Adjustment - Format - Logical Format.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi,
    Thank you for your help. I have done both physical and logical but cannot seem to clear code unless HDD is uninstalled in SYSTEM 2. I will also need to get the animation - movie file for this model if anyone has it. I only have the C654e files.
    Doug

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtech View Post
    Hi all,

I have a 654e with a c-d012. I put in a new HDD but understand I need to do firmware to get rid of the code.
    I can't find it on the dealer portal, product support, or in the firmware server.
    Anyone know where it is or can provide it to me?

Thanks
    Doug
    Not sure if you were looking for a specific firmware or not based on your post. Since it sounds like you have access to the Dealer portal (assuming you are in the US based on your AZ [Arizona?] location), I've included links below to the latest base firmware available, and the movie firmware that you requested in a later post. Make sure you are logged into the Dealer Portal before clicking the links below, and it should download what you are after.

Base Firmware: 654e 754e_A55V0Y0-F000-G20-M0.exe
    Movie Firmware: A55V0Y0-C000-G00-00 1st_Movie.exe

Good luck with your repair.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Hi,
    Thank you for your help. I have done both physical and logical but cannot seem to clear code unless HDD is uninstalled in SYSTEM 2. I will also need to get the animation - movie file for this model if anyone has it. I only have the C654e files.
    Doug
    I don't think the problem is firmware related. Maybe a simple trouble reset is needed.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Not sure if you were looking for a specific firmware or not based on your post. Since it sounds like you have access to the Dealer portal (assuming you are in the US based on your AZ [Arizona?] location), I've included links below to the latest base firmware available, and the movie firmware that you requested in a later post. Make sure you are logged into the Dealer Portal before clicking the links below, and it should download what you are after.

Thank you, I was able to download the files. I am going to format the drive again and install the FW to see if it takes care of the code. Will let you know.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Talking Re: 654e firmware needed, can't find on Konica Dealer Portal

SWEET! I loaded the firmware and now the code is gone. Thank you so much for the link.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

SWEET! I loaded the firmware and now the code is gone. Thank you so much for the link.
    No problem, glad it helped.

I just tried the links, and it appears that the links are valid, even if you aren't logged into the portal. I guess those 2 links will be a free-for-all for anybody that wants them since I can not edit the post to remove them. Live and learn I guess...
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

No problem, glad it helped.

I just tried the links, and it appears that the links are valid, even if you aren't logged into the portal. I guess those 2 links will be a free-for-all for anybody that wants them since I can not edit the post to remove them. Live and learn I guess...

Are the firmware links listed earlier in this post legal for use? We are not a dealer. I am getting D012 error and the unit wont print copies after the Overwrite All Data was performed. Would like to know a better way of getting around this since I probably wont be able to download a legal copy and I'm guessing you have to be a dealer in order to do so.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    654e firmware needed, can't find on Konica Dealer Portal

the links in post #6 seem valid.
    i dont see a problem
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.