Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    C258 - Faded print on one side of 12x18 inches art card

    Hearty hello to all !

    We are encountering a strange problem with our Konica Minolta C 258, wherein, when print on 12x18 inches sheet of 260 GSM, we are getting faded print on one side. I have attached the image in which the left side can be seen with light (faded) colours as compared to the right side.
    faded print.jpg

    We called in the expert technician and he dis-assembled the drum and developer units and cleaned the laser unit assembly by inserting cloth piece inside the cavity. However, after he is done with the cleaning, the print quality deteriorated and faded prints started coming in thick strips.

    After few more prints, the fading pattern restored back to one side fade print as it was earlier before the clean up.

    Please advise.

    Thank you for reading this and we truly appreciate if anybody can come up with some suggestions.
    A lovely and safe day ahead.

    With warm regards,

  2. #2
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: C258 - Faded print on one side of 12x18 inches art card

    Most likely, some consumables need to be replaced. But without counters, without references to the type of toner, etc. it is difficult to arrive at a solution.

  3. #3
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C258 - Faded print on one side of 12x18 inches art card

    Synthohol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    3,084
    Rep Power
    93

    Re: C258 - Faded print on one side of 12x18 inches art card

    That symptom would be addressed by adjusting the 2nd side transfer voltage not taking apart a drum and developer.
    Not exactly the"expert" tech in my opinion.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: C258 - Faded print on one side of 12x18 inches art card

    Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    That symptom would be addressed by adjusting the 2nd side transfer voltage not taking apart a drum and developer.
    Not exactly the"expert" tech in my opinion.
    You are absolutely right, even we were skeptical about his ways of addressing the issue. We will change the transfer voltage and see if there is any improvement. We will decrease and then increase the voltage depending upon the result.

    Thank you very much for your precious time and valuable advice.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: C258 - Faded print on one side of 12x18 inches art card

    Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Most likely, some consumables need to be replaced. But without counters, without references to the type of toner, etc. it is difficult to arrive at a solution.
    Yes, we are thinking of first altering the transfer voltages and see if we can arrive at any positive outcome. We will keep everyone posted here.
    We thank you for your time and advice.

    Thanks and regards,

  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    787
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: C258 - Faded print on one side of 12x18 inches art card

    1st...260 GSM pretty tough for a C258..This should only be run through the bypass tray and thick 4 should be selected, and in limited quantities..In copier land we use terms that are dependant on which way the paper is going through the machine..In your case the short edge would be the lead edge..So when you say the right side do you really mean the trail edge (based on paper travel)?? I don't think it's a laser issue. Let us know how you are setting the machine up to run this paper..And if you were to run this job on pain paper of the same size, what is the result?

  7. #7
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C258 - Faded print on one side of 12x18 inches art card

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    18,897
    Rep Power
    337

    Re: C258 - Faded print on one side of 12x18 inches art card

    Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    1st...260 GSM pretty tough for a C258..This should only be run through the bypass tray and thick 4 should be selected, and in limited quantities..In copier land we use terms that are dependant on which way the paper is going through the machine..In your case the short edge would be the lead edge..So when you say the right side do you really mean the trail edge (based on paper travel)?? I don't think it's a laser issue. Let us know how you are setting the machine up to run this paper..And if you were to run this job on pain paper of the same size, what is the result?
    x2. Does plain paper print correctly? I suspect it does.

    My guess is that the very rigid 260gsm media is hesitating at the bite of the fuser rollers, causing the media to pull away from the transfer belt (looking exactly like 2nd transfer loss).

    My advice is to find a media in the 200gsm range. You are asking a lot from your 25cpm office machine (not production print).
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: C258 - Faded print on one side of 12x18 inches art card

    Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    1st...260 GSM pretty tough for a C258..This should only be run through the bypass tray and thick 4 should be selected, and in limited quantities..In copier land we use terms that are dependant on which way the paper is going through the machine..In your case the short edge would be the lead edge..So when you say the right side do you really mean the trail edge (based on paper travel)?? I don't think it's a laser issue. Let us know how you are setting the machine up to run this paper..And if you were to run this job on pain paper of the same size, what is the result?
    Thanks for the response and your time.

    Yes, we run our thick 260-290 GSM 12x18 art cards through bypass tray only with Thick 4 setting. However, we have set the first transfer voltage to -7 and second transfer of front (600dpi, thick 4) and back (600dpi, thick 4) as these settings reduce the grain to minimum on our art cards.

    We tried running it on 120 GSM art card and got the same result

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: C258 - Faded print on one side of 12x18 inches art card

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    x2. Does plain paper print correctly? I suspect it does.

    My guess is that the very rigid 260gsm media is hesitating at the bite of the fuser rollers, causing the media to pull away from the transfer belt (looking exactly like 2nd transfer loss).

    My advice is to find a media in the 200gsm range. You are asking a lot from your 25cpm office machine (not production print).
    =^..^=
    Thanks for the response and your time.

    Yes, it could be the reason. However, before this, we were printing flawlessly and this problem has grown over days, as we picked up some previous few week back prints and the fading was there but was very limited.

    The noticeable appearance started from yesterday.

  10. #10
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    150

    Re: C258 - Faded print on one side of 12x18 inches art card

    Quote Originally Posted by diwakar View Post
    Thanks for the response and your time.

    Yes, it could be the reason. However, before this, we were printing flawlessly and this problem has grown over days, as we picked up some previous few week back prints and the fading was there but was very limited.

    The noticeable appearance started from yesterday.
    Consider consumables wear and tear. What you may have printed before pushing machine on its limits may bite you back now. Post fuser and TBU counters. I mean as always BC nailed it down.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here