Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C3850FS problem

C3850FS problem

Hi,

I have a problem with C3850FS. I've gotten an HDD error message a few times today. I've rebooted the copier and tried to format the HDD. The formatting started, but the progress bar stayed at 0%. After a long time I rebooted the copier and now it's repeatedly booting. Each time it reboots I see five bars and a KM logo, then five bars with no KM logo and a black screen. I tried running Self Diagnostic mode - I hold the second power button until it beeps, but it doesn't work. What can I do to repair my copier? Can I restore the factory defaults or something else?

Re: C3850FS problem

No sure if it will boot with the HDD removed but that is something i would try.
    Could be a bad HDD.
    Whatever

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Try to unplug HDD at see if it starts.

Edit: allan beat while I was thinking
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

OK,
    when I unplugged the HDD, the copier starts but I see an error with the code D092.
    Can I plug any 2,5" HDD or SDD and format it, or must it be an HDD dedicated for this machine?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C3850FS problem

I have used hard drives for different Konica Minolta copiers before and they have worked fine. Not sure about a generic HD but at this point you don't have anything to lose. You would just have to try and format it again.

There is an HGST HTS545032A7E330 in the copier. I replaced it with a Hitachi HTS545432B9SA02 320GB too, but it doesn't help. Without an HDD I get the error code D092. With the old disk and the new one I get the same problem - the copier reboot continuously. Maybe trying a different HDD would work.

You can test the HDD in an external case. See if a PC will format it and if it works.
    If it works then the firmware or MFPB could be in question.
    Whatever

I tried a 500GB WD, and two 320GB HGSTs, and I see that the copier does 10 partitions, but still reboots continuously. Without the HDD it starts, but I still see the error code D092. Without the HDD I can enter into service mode and reset trouble, but it doesn't help. With any HDD it still reboots and I can't enter into service mode.

Thanks for the help.
    I deleted all partitions under Windows, switched on the copier and left it for 10 minutes. It booted properly and now everything is OK. It seems that the first run after replacing the HDD takes a long time but I just had to wait and it works.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C3850FS problem

Quote Originally Posted by marcusp View Post
    Hi,

I have a problem with C3850FS. I've gotten an HDD error message a few times today. I've rebooted the copier and tried to format the HDD. The formatting started, but the progress bar stayed at 0%. After a long time I rebooted the copier and now it's repeatedly booting. Each time it reboots I see five bars and a KM logo, then five bars with no KM logo and a black screen. I tried running Self Diagnostic mode - I hold the second power button until it beeps, but it doesn't work. What can I do to repair my copier? Can I restore the factory defaults or something else?
    are you a trained tech or end user?

why format the drive if not needed?

what were the errors you were getting?