Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: Bizhub C250i Fuser noise

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Hi guys, I have a bizhub C250i installed 1 year ago. This printer is only 30k and started making weird noises from the fusing unit.
    After printing, there is a creaking metal noise for 2-3 seconds. Has anything like this ever happened to you?
    I will order a new fuser but maybe someone knows a possible cause. It sounds like the classic bearing noise.
    Thanks!
    Sounds like the pressure release system from your description. If you run this is service mode, does it make the same noise...?

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts avecosat's Avatar

I swapped the unit between two machines and stopped making noise .

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Bizhub C250i Fuser noise

This sounds like the classic fuser bearing noise that I've been hearing from everything from the -8 series forward. I usually disassemble and lube the bearings with something called Krytox from DuPont. Quiets them right down. I had one machine with only 10K do this on an -8 series machine.
    OC

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Hi, I replaced the fuser and the noise disappeared.
    The energy saving was on 60 minutes/60 minutes. This is definitely not very healthy. So I inserted the cable for the fix of the random ignition + firmware update and restore to the default state of energy saving.

For the first time I have replaced a fuser in iSeries. The lateral rotation mechanism is very strange. Seems to be made to avoid noise hahaha it is really a shame to waste a 30k fuser this way. Do you think it could be the bearings? Can they be lubricated? The weird thing that it only makes noise for 3-4 seconds after printing. So it could be pressure release.

Hi, are you sure the noise really comes from the fuser/exit section? I had this problem a while ago, and i was pretty sure i came from this area. I was wrong.
    I removed the waste toner transport section above the waste toner box, and there was a pile of toner on the inlet port and inside the machine. For some reason the port didn`t open when the transport section was installed.
    It has to be installed absolutely horisontal, otherwise the inlet port won`t open correctly.
    I cleaned out the leaked toner and installed the transport section/ waste toner box correctly and the noise was gone.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tandztift View Post
    Hi, are you sure the noise really comes from the fuser/exit section? I had this problem a while ago, and i was pretty sure i came from this area. I was wrong.
    I removed the waste toner transport section above the waste toner box, and there was a pile of toner on the inlet port and inside the machine. For some reason the port didn`t open when the transport section was installed.
    It has to be installed absolutely horisontal, otherwise the inlet port won`t open correctly.
    I cleaned out the leaked toner and installed the transport section/ waste toner box correctly and the noise was gone.
    This is common on these and noise can't be mistaken with fuser/exit section noise. They changed some covers shape but advice is to install wtb transport section (upper part) together with actual wtb(lower part). Another I think separate issue with them is when toner rocks blok transfer belt cleaning section, usually customers call for CQ symptoms as blocked section dumps toner on belt and consequently onto paper.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.