Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Bizhub C250i Fuser noise

Hi guys, I have a bizhub C250i installed 1 year ago. This printer is only 30k and started making weird noises from the fusing unit.
    After printing, there is a creaking metal noise for 2-3 seconds. Has anything like this ever happened to you?
    I will order a new fuser but maybe someone knows a possible cause. It sounds like the classic bearing noise.
    Thanks!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C250i Fuser noise

Re: Bizhub C250i Fuser noise

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Hi guys, I have a bizhub C250i installed 1 year ago. This printer is only 30k and started making weird noises from the fusing unit.
    After printing, there is a creaking metal noise for 2-3 seconds. Has anything like this ever happened to you?
    I will order a new fuser but maybe someone knows a possible cause. It sounds like the classic bearing noise.
    Thanks!
    did you try lubing the bearings?

do they move stiffly?

is there signs of the classic dusting?

is it dirty back there?

what have they been running?

did you pull the fuser and physically inspect?

I didn't do anything. I just wanted to know if anyone has ever heard this kind of noise on the iSeries. On the part list the code has changed but it would not seem to be due to defects. I just did some printing tests and tests to identify the noise.
    I inserted a screwdriver to simulate the closing of the door and the noise seems to come from the bearings.

Today on a bizhub C284e I heard the same noises but much louder. I have tried the gear lubrication but I think it is necessary to disassemble it to try. I have never taken a Konica Minolta fuser apart. Actually I did, but I admit I wasn't able to put it back together.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Hi Bix. Sorry I can't help but please can you record the noise and upload somewhere?
    That way we can use it in future to identify premature fuser failures.
    Check timers in sleep/low power modes. Actually client may decide to prohibit them via admin mode and as we all know fuser will go caput early because of this.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

True, good idea. This printers maybe have problems with standby. I will have to check if it pauses, perhaps that is the reason for the deterioration of the fuser.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C250i Fuser noise

I've lubricated quite a few Konica Minolta and Kyocera fusers, and sadly, by the time you hear the noise it's too late to lubricate it away.

The first time I heard that creaky noise it was a Sharp MX-2300. If you used the HP-500 high temp grease to grease the inside and outside of the heat collars and bearings at the roller change, the fuser would stay quiet almost to the end of the PM cycle. I remember those fusers being rather difficult to PM.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Thanks!
    Yes but it wasn't the fuser I think. Once the noise appear, try to push away the idle rollers away from the exit roller (Gegenlaufrollen Auslauf). If the noise disappears you might have to take a closer look at the exit unit. You might also be able to re-produce the sound if you open/close the front door - machine starts idling with very low speed, that was when the noise came up at some point.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Yes but it wasn't the fuser I think. Once the noise appear, try to push away the idle rollers away from the exit roller (Gegenlaufrollen Auslauf). If the noise disappears you might have to take a closer look at the exit unit. You might also be able to re-produce the sound if you open/close the front door - machine starts idling with very low speed, that was when the noise came up at some point.
    Yes, i had this several times on 250i... the exit roller section makes noise. Sometime on new out of the box devices.

Hi guys, thanks for this additional advice. I could try a load check.
    In this case, are there any skills or should you replace the entire paper exit output unit?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Hi guys, thanks for this additional advice. I could try a load check.
    In this case, are there any skills or should you replace the entire paper exit output unit?
    In case I'm already on site I would disassemble it and clean+lube the axis for the exit idle rollers, that did the trick in my case. If you plan for a new visit you might also swap the entire assy in case you can claim warranty for the defective one.