Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: C554e j12-01

  1. #1
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Brett GS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    17

    C554e j12-01

    Hi all

    I have a c554e driving me crazy.
    I am getting intermittent j12-01 (from tray 2) and the odd j99-01.
    Lone behold after leaving the customer it happends again even after testing long runs.
    So far all rollers, oneway clutches and tray 1 and 2 clutched have been replaced.
    Customer sent a photo of the page just getting out of tray 2 and stops.
    Shafts have been cleaned and slightly sanded fir grip.
    Im going back in the morning to check again.
    Found in the service manual that this could be caused by the expansion board due too temp.

    Any other advice would be appreciated.

    To add firmware is up to date aswell.
    SW have also been changed for the j99-01 code.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,295
    Rep Power
    149

    Re: C554e j12-01

    Disassemble and clean thoroughly registration rollers and bushings. Good luck.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  3. #3
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: C554e j12-01

    Take the feed clutch from tray 1 on the paper feed section, tray 1 and tray 2 have the same clutches swap them and test, 99-01 if paper is in portrait turn it landscape in tray works everytime

    Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C554e j12-01

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Power
    114

    Re: C554e j12-01

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett GS View Post
    Hi all

    I have a c554e driving me crazy.
    I am getting intermittent j12-01 (from tray 2) and the odd j99-01.
    Lone behold after leaving the customer it happends again even after testing long runs.
    So far all rollers, oneway clutches and tray 1 and 2 clutched have been replaced.
    Customer sent a photo of the page just getting out of tray 2 and stops.
    Shafts have been cleaned and slightly sanded fir grip.
    Im going back in the morning to check again.
    Found in the service manual that this could be caused by the expansion board due too temp.

    Any other advice would be appreciated.

    To add firmware is up to date aswell.
    SW have also been changed for the j99-01 code.
    Sounds like you have replaced everything you can in the feed unit, however you don't mention the torque limiter?

    If it's jamming just out of tray 2 & tray 1 is feeding OK I would simply replace the complete feed unit, they are not to expensive.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  5. #5
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    4,309
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: C554e j12-01

    Does the paper make it to the first relay rollers?
    Whatever

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Brett GS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: C554e j12-01

    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Does the paper make it to the first relay rollers?
    Hi Allan
    Yes it gets out the tray and stops at the conveyance roller.

  7. #7
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Brett GS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: C554e j12-01

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Sounds like you have replaced everything you can in the feed unit, however you don't mention the torque limiter?

    If it's jamming just out of tray 2 & tray 1 is feeding OK I would simply replace the complete feed unit, they are not to expensive.
    Sorry forgot to mention the torque limiters,replaced both tray 1 and 2.

    With try another feed unit and update on the progress.

  8. #8
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    4,309
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: C554e j12-01

    Add pressure to the lower part of the door to see if that helps. I have had it where there was not enough pressure on the driven rollers and the paper does not get pulled from the feed unit.

    Sure you don't get J-2002 in the mix? There is a way to shim the door for that issue.

    For J1201 in could be a sensor.
    Whatever

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C554e j12-01

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    18,849
    Rep Power
    336

    Re: C554e j12-01

    I had a bizhub 454e that was wearing the separation roller for tray #1 tapered in 15K pages or less. Upon examining the feed assembly you could see that the feed and separation rollers did not make even contact. The plastic frame was soft enough that flexing of the frame changed the alignment of the feed and separation. The jam code was J11-01.

    My solution was to remove the reinforcing metal brace, and warp in down 8mm parabolic at the center to re-align the rollers to meet flat (if that makes sense), then re-install it. Then the rollers did meet flat and I did not have the issue again.

    I went through (3) sets of rollers before coming up with the modification. As you know, it's not so easy to remove the feed unit assembly, so I wanted to get it right the first time.

    You might look for that. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here