Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Konica Minolta Bizhub C454 falsely saying low Cyan but it's full & very light prints_

Re: Konica Minolta Bizhub C454 fälschlicherweise sagen niedrigen Cyan,

Service Mode
    Imaging Process Adjustment
    Manual Toner Add

But first I would like to see:
    State Confirmation
    Level History 1
    Level History 2

and if there many
    C-2552

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Konica Minolta Bizhub C454 falsely saying low Cyan but it's full & very light prints_

Re: Konica Minolta Bizhub C454 falsely saying low Cyan but it's full & very light pri

Quote Originally Posted by patterson70 View Post
    My apologies. I don't have a service manual and many times service manuals leave a lot of critical info out. All about protecting Tech's jobs. I get that. I am an independent and I have seen other independents treated this way on other forums as well. We are the competition I know.
    Looks like you have better luck if you are a Konica Trained Tech to ask questions on this Forum. Thanks for heading me in the right direction though.
    Here is the service manual so have a read.

https://mega.nz/file/lQ0kWZTY#cCnN-5...fTWIu4DPiD8MgQ

Search for manual add toner. Now see my previous post, take off the inner front cover & remove the white cap, cheat the front door, run manual toner add check if the cyan hopper is driving, clean that white cap before you fit it back can get clogged with compacted toner.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Konica Minolta Bizhub C454 falsely saying low Cyan but it's full & very light pri

Quote Originally Posted by patterson70 View Post
    Hello, this is a re-post of a few days ago that I had to re-create due to ending my title with the word "Print". It appears if you do that you cannot reply to anyone offering help because you get the print-only version with no place to reply.

So, the problem with the machine is very light prints even with a full cyan toner. Thank you rrrohan and Copier Tech for your suggestions. Also Copier Tech for the attachment.

I have to admit I do not understand the attachment diagram too well. I could not get the front panel off. I took out the screws but it was not coming out.

Am I missing something? I am wondering how often the toner hopper(s) go bad?

Machine has 458K on it and I am a new tech on it without any prior service history. I am wondering if the user reset the drum and DV replacement warnings and what I am dealing with is just an old Drum and DV unit(s)?

Lastly, the Cyan DV Unit looked empty when you look into the tube that feeds it toner. Is that supposed to be full?
    First thing you should do is to take out cyan developing unit and visualy check toner brush on magnet roller.
    If it is evenly covered than youa are dealing with toner hopper issue. Mainly that is sorted out with replacement of front white bushings (modified).
    Most of cyan issues goes to overlife drum sparking and depleting developer, or charge corona dusted with cyan toner.
    On high meter machines it is recommended to set TCR value for Cyan to -1 under Image process adjustment.
    Clean drum unit or replace.
    Replace devC if there's no brus on magnet roller.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by REGSIS View Post
    First thing you should do is to take out cyan developing unit and visualy check toner brush on magnet roller.
    If it is evenly covered than youa are dealing with toner hopper issue. Mainly that is sorted out with replacement of front white bushings (modified).
    Most of cyan issues goes to overlife drum sparking and depleting developer, or charge corona dusted with cyan toner.
    On high meter machines it is recommended to set TCR value for Cyan to -1 under Image process adjustment.
    Clean drum unit or replace.
    Replace devC if there's no brus on magnet roller.
    Many thanks to all! I will be getting by the account again soon and will report back. This forum is "most excellent"!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I should have also mentioned that the display shows to add cyan toner even though the toner is a full genuine KM.