Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48
  1. #1
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bad network connection


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,274
    Rep Power
    41

    Bad network connection

    I have a C308 with glitchy network

    It can print ok

    It can scan to SMB ok

    But scan to Office365 via direct send fails. 4 other copiers on site use identical settings and work fine.

    Also if i put on DHCP it fails to obtain a IP. Laptop connected on same port with same cable works fine obtaining IP

    I cant access copiers web interface/remote panel or access it via data admin.

    Ping drops about 15% of the time

    Ping using laptop on same port works with no drops.

    I did a network settings reset in service mode but it didnt help.

    Is it time for a MFPB?

  2. #2
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    4,405
    Rep Power
    98

    Re: Bad network connection

    Does it have the latest and greatest firmware?
    Any CFA14 or CE301 in the history?
    Have you done self diagnostics on it?
    Whatever

  3. #3
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bad network connection

    Synthohol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    3,159
    Rep Power
    97

    Re: Bad network connection

    Set the network speed to 100 speed duplex.
    I find most routers now autonegotiate the speed.
    Modern nic cards in copiers do the same.
    Sometimes they can't agree on a speed and ignore each other.
    Also a network initialization can help.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.

  4. #4
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Bad network connection

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,518
    Rep Power
    125

    Re: Bad network connection

    Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    I have a C308 with glitchy network

    It can print ok

    It can scan to SMB ok

    But scan to Office365 via direct send fails. 4 other copiers on site use identical settings and work fine.

    Also if i put on DHCP it fails to obtain a IP. Laptop connected on same port with same cable works fine obtaining IP

    I cant access copiers web interface/remote panel or access it via data admin.

    Ping drops about 15% of the time

    Ping using laptop on same port works with no drops.

    I did a network settings reset in service mode but it didnt help.

    Is it time for a MFPB?
    If your laptop connects fine then most likely the copier is OK.

    Can you wheel the machine & swap it with another copier you say is working fine? This will confirm it's not the wall LAN socket or switch etc the copier is connected to.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  5. #5
    IT Manager 5,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,661
    Rep Power
    109

    Re: Bad network connection

    Have you tried changing the Ip address to a new one yet?

  6. #6
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bad network connection

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    3,401
    Rep Power
    114

    Re: Bad network connection

    Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    I have a C308 with glitchy network

    It can print ok

    It can scan to SMB ok

    But scan to Office365 via direct send fails. 4 other copiers on site use identical settings and work fine.

    Also if i put on DHCP it fails to obtain a IP. Laptop connected on same port with same cable works fine obtaining IP

    I cant access copiers web interface/remote panel or access it via data admin.

    Ping drops about 15% of the time

    Ping using laptop on same port works with no drops.

    I did a network settings reset in service mode but it didnt help.

    Is it time for a MFPB?
    Based on what you're saying, it points to a bad NIC. But like Synthohol suggested make sure that the copier is set on the correct speed setting for the network it's on. You may also want to try another port on the switch.

  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Bad network connection

    Scan to SMB and printing work, but you suspect a NIC??? 1st off what is the reason for the failure? Login error, server connect?? Office 365 is a finicky beast..Before you go spending $$$ on control boards..Check SSL settings, DNS and domain settings, from address, gateway (this would be my prime suspect as internal comms seem to work but getting to Office365.com fails). Have you done a Tracert to the offic 365 server? Do your ping statistics include a laptop directly connected to the MFP or just over the network?? E

  8. #8
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bad network connection

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    3,401
    Rep Power
    114

    Re: Bad network connection

    Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Scan to SMB and printing work, but you suspect a NIC??? 1st off what is the reason for the failure? Login error, server connect?? Office 365 is a finicky beast..Before you go spending $$$ on control boards..Check SSL settings, DNS and domain settings, from address, gateway (this would be my prime suspect as internal comms seem to work but getting to Office365.com fails). Have you done a Tracert to the offic 365 server? Do your ping statistics include a laptop directly connected to the MFP or just over the network?? E
    He says he can't pull an IP address using DHCP for the copier but when he hooks up his laptop that he can.

  9. #9
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Bad network connection

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    11,661
    Rep Power
    282

    Re: Bad network connection

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    He says he can't pull an IP address using DHCP for the copier but when he hooks up his laptop that he can.
    doesn't sound like a NIC problem to me ... sounds like restrictions set by NA, and possibly a flakey router. The fact that it prints/scans ok tells me that the NIC is ok.. and the fact that the laptop works fine is another indication.

    the fact that OFFICE365 isn't playing well it direct link to the flaws in O365. We have had problems all over the world with Bill's crappy software,

    from the Win10 updates changing settings... down to the WSD shit they push if you aren't careful.

    Gates and MS have been screwing the world for decades.

  10. #10
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bad network connection

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    3,401
    Rep Power
    114

    Re: Bad network connection

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    doesn't sound like a NIC problem to me ... sounds like restrictions set by NA, and possibly a flakey router. The fact that it prints/scans ok tells me that the NIC is ok.. and the fact that the laptop works fine is another indication.

    the fact that OFFICE365 isn't playing well it direct link to the flaws in O365. We have had problems all over the world with Bill's crappy software,

    from the Win10 updates changing settings... down to the WSD shit they push if you aren't careful.

    Gates and MS have been screwing the world for decades.
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong. He says he can't obtain an IP address via DHCP and that ping is dropping 15% on the copier but no loss on his laptop. And no DHCP on copier but works fine with laptop. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless something is going on with the NIC. There are no variables other than the Copier and Laptop.

    But if he's able to print and scan and he's having no problem, I wouldn't worry about it. He just needs to figure out Office365.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here