Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

c3350 Splattering black all over prints - Yet comes out as black on halftone tests.

Hi, got a c3350 that when printing anything leaves a black splatter all across the page. So I go to do the halftone test prints and all colours come out ok (still with the splatter) however the black halftone comes out as a blank piece of paper.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    c3350 Splattering black all over prints - Yet comes out as black on halftone tests.

Re: c3350 Splattering black all over prints - Yet comes out as black on halftone test

sample?
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: c3350 Splattering black all over prints - Yet comes out as black on halftone test

Not only would a sample be nice, but a little more info on machine and PM counts nice as well. Is the toner OEM or generic?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    sample?
    Here is a magenta and black halftone test print, what appears on the magenta appears on all other prints.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Not only would a sample be nice, but a little more info on machine and PM counts nice as well. Is the toner OEM or generic?
    We received the copier off a supplier filled with OEM toners. We usually remanufacture them and send them back out. I can't find the counts as nothing shows when printing black pages except as shown on the attached image.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBurgess View Post
    Here is a magenta and black halftone test print, what appears on the magenta appears on all other prints.
    Check consumable status under the Utility key. Is the K image unit overdue?

Inspect the surface of the Black image unit , Transfer belt , and fuser unit to see if there are any marks or residue that correspond to what you see on the prints.

This issue will probably be resolved for you by replacing the Black image unit Part# IUP-22K
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I would start with a black pcu, first. Is there a supplies status page available? Have you gone into the menu, counter icon?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    Check consumable status under the Utility key. Is the K image unit overdue?

Inspect the surface of the Black image unit , Transfer belt , and fuser unit to see if there are any marks or residue that correspond to what you see on the prints.

This issue will probably be resolved for you by replacing the Black image unit Part# IUP-22K
    I have replaced the fuser previously and it had no effect. I don't think it could be the transfer belt as it appears to be only k having this problem. I have just swapped the black imaging unit and the print has gone inverted. As seen in the image attatched.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    I would start with a black pcu, first. Is there a supplies status page available? Have you gone into the menu, counter icon?
    I have swapped the k imaging unit twice and still the same result, and as for the supplies status page everything seems to be normal. The copier itself has done around 60k prints in total so not extremely high. I was thinking it could may be to do with the charge?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBurgess View Post
    I have replaced the fuser previously and it had no effect. I don't think it could be the transfer belt as it appears to be only k having this problem. I have just swapped the black imaging unit and the print has gone inverted. As seen in the image attatched.
    The unit that made these images probably has wrong toner in it.

The original unit probably is just worn out. You'll see the pattern in the drum when you remove it.

=^..^=I
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=