Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Bearing/insulating sleeve lubrication?

Re: Bearing/insulating sleeve lubrication?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Thanks all for participate.
    Personaly i neither use grease much, as a matter a fact almost only when replacing fuser parts on production machines because SM clearly notes to do that and i dont like to be smart ass to ignore it
    I send inquiry for 00GR00260 grease and it does not matter if it is expensive, it can last long if use wisely.
    Just today i replace some fuser parts on C1085 and see that old factory grease, it still look fresh and "greasy" after almost 500k.

@Bix can you maybe know what is the price roughly, I won't know until Monday?
    Forget about just production machines. If you have ever had a customer complain about hearing a popping or coffee peculator noise when their copier was running, it is the bearings in the fusing unit. I have encountered it even with low volume models, 20 to 40 ppm. And when the head of purchasing has her desk within earshot of the noise maker, you do something about. High temperature grease is the easiest answer. Most copier manufacturers have a grease that they recommend and sell, for a price. Some as much as $80US for a 3 oz tube. Years ago I did some research and found that Super Lube synthetic grease with Syncolon® (PTFE) works very well and at only $5.99 for a 3 oz tube at a local Harbor Freight Tool location was both inexpensive and readily available.

Technician

Yes, 00GR00260 is correct for Multi temp grease for Konica Minolta Production machines. Only about a teaspoon worth in each container, but it's what you will want for bushings. Otherwise, using something like SuperLube, your bushings will disintegrate prematurely and could result in broken fuser heat lamps. I won't admit how I know this

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Today i ordered 00GR00260 and surprised with a low price, its arround $30.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Today i ordered 00GR00260 and surprised with a low price, its arround $30.
    I'm glad for you. For how much weight is this price?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Thanks man.
    I dont know what is weight but last time i got this grease it was small bottle but i lost it somewhere.
    I think there is not over 20-30 grams but can last long if use only when really need.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Thanks man.
    I dont know what is weight but last time i got this grease it was small bottle but i lost it somewhere.
    I think there is not over 20-30 grams but can last long if use only when really need.

Yeah, I bought it in the past. 70-80€ for this hahaha

Who rip you like that?
    KM or some other supplier?