Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C224e/C258 series fuser premature failure

Re: Bizhub C224e/C258 series fuser premature failure

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Thanks everyone for valuable advices and especially copyman. I have one fuser in hand and would like at least to attempt rebuild it. Then we will see.
    So to sum up I will need belt and lower pressure roller + 2 small bearings, right?
    As for Alibaba/Aliexpress suppliers I have here CET parts available:
    http://www.cetgroupco.com/gb/ and will try them.
    Correct, all you will need is the Fuser belt, LFR & 2 small bearings. All sold at Copylite

When ever you have a fuser making that weird noise or squeal when sitting idle it's the 2 small bearings on that sponge roller inside the belt. You can change these without dissembling the whole unit. Takes 10 mins each side.
    I've had low volume accounts with under 100k where fusers were making noise, do I replace the fuser for $500+, Hell no! I replace the 2 small bearings! 20 mins of my time and $10 for the new bearings $0 if I take from scrap machines!

I remember the days working for a dealer and OEM and knicking customers drum, or damaging something else! No big deal just have the company I worked for order a new one. You change your way of thinking (and way more careful) when it's your own money.
    But biggest satisfaction is saving my customers money. Most are like my friends after 20+ yrs of their loyalty to me.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    How long does it take to rebuild a C554 fuser?
    Did my first one on site, took lots of pictures. Feels like you are taking it to bits to get to the point you can change the rollers. Had to undo and redo some things not really knowing the sequence of reassembly. After the rebuild i got real bad fusing with the toner sticking to the belt. Was relieved that it was only me not hooking in the pressure springs. Quality was A OK. That first one took me about an hour.

Most of the bearings on these machines are of international standard. You can find the bearings a lot cheaper for a hardware supplier.
    Allan, about 40 minutes. The pressure roller cleaning set is removed and discarded. It only serves to decrease the useful life of the fusion. The rest of the merger, we exchange whatever is necessary.
    Nothing like day after day

Quote Originally Posted by tulintron View Post
    Allan, about 40 minutes. The pressure roller cleaning set is removed and discarded. It only serves to decrease the useful life of the fusion. The rest of the merger, we exchange whatever is necessary.
    On the 554 b/w I just throw the cleaning roller out and the fuser end up going past life. So you say even with the color machines its ok to get rid of the cleaning roller?

Great stuff. 40min not to bad for saving like $300.
    Whatever

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    On the 554 b/w I just throw the cleaning roller out and the fuser end up going past life. So you say even with the color machines its ok to get rid of the cleaning roller?

Great stuff. 40min not to bad for saving like $300.
    Exact. They only serve to reduce service life and bring problems. Our contract equipment is all without the cleaning kit.
    Nothing like day after day

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tulintron View Post
    Exact. They only serve to reduce service life and bring problems. Our contract equipment is all without the cleaning kit.
    That cleaning kit is basically there for two sided copying. If your customer does a lot of 2 sided best to leave in. Otherwise the LFR roller will get a build up on it that will not come off without destroying the roller. Just have to remember to change the small bearings (same bearings discussed earlier in this thread) and bushings around 100K. Again the cleaning roller is available aftermarket for a lot less than OEM!

Just want to be clear with my feelings using OEM, I will only use OEM toners & developers!

But finding many aftermarket parts are just as good if not better than OEM. Usually at less than 1/2 the cost. If there is ever a time I find an aftermarket part craps out early or affects quality or operation I will never use that part again. Fortunately only happen once or twice with small parts like feed rollers, etc. Some OEM & aftermarket parts are being made in same factories in China.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Ricoh has another thought. All fusers, developer units, drums etc need to be rebuilt.
    Even the electronic boards want them to be sent to the factory for repair.
    They currently change that for most products except for the production printing models. You can order single parts but a sleeve unit for the IMC series exceeds the price for an entire fuser. Not shure about the boards, never have been askes or offered to send them in but I don't really handle boards regulary, not much issues.

I was also tempted in rebuilding some KM fuser units but haven't done it yet. I also like the input about removing the cleaning roller to improve the lifetime - even if I still hesitate to try that out lol

Senior Tech 100+ Posts KMFLT3CH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    My time is more valuable, 4/5 calls per day, if I was rebuilding fusers that would be halved then 10 calls the following day.
    Sounds like you and I both work for OEM 😂

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Smile Re: Bizhub C224e/C258 series fuser premature failure

Hey guys, just to clarify on the c554 and c554e and 554, are you saying to remove the aluminum cleaning roller and leave it out? Also, are you saying to leave the brush roller in? Thanks

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

I toss out the fuzzy roller and clean the black one with a greeny. (Scotch-brite pad)
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

https://youtu.be/PPA8-1z-jHk

have you tried cleaning the band with wd-40?