Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C224e/C258 series fuser premature failure

Re: Bizhub C224e/C258 series fuser premature failure

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I've been rebuilding these fusers for a few years now. Only parts I replace is the belt & lower fuser roller (both sold at copylite). Recently came across a high volume fuser that needed the sponge roller inside of the belt (small bearing disintegrated and cut into shaft). These sponge rollers are sold by China suppliers but hard to get in USA. Copylite lists them but are wrong rollers. Just a side note when you have a noisy fuser it's from these small bearings on sponge roller drying out.

This isn't something I would do in a customer's office. Lay everything out in order you take apart. Might take you several hours first time but eventually can be done in less than 2 hours. Much easier then the Biz C253. I take pictures first time I rebuild a fuser, etc.

One last thing C454 fuser is identical except the lamp & Lower fuser roller are different. (although I have swapped the connector on a C224 for lamp to work in a C454) Wires a little shorter but works!

Hope this helps
    I wanted to add something very important, I also automatically replace the 2 small bearings on the sponge roller. This will stop any noise from the fuser plus not disintegrate and ruin the sponge roller shafts! bearings available aftermarket or very common used in many Kon/Min models. I take them from finishers that I'm scraping. Example: There are 4 - 6 of these small bearings in a FS-534.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    My time is more valuable, 4/5 calls per day, if I was rebuilding fusers that would be halved then 10 calls the following day.

The beauty of working on Bizhubs if the fact that all the main components are simple & quick to replace, why ruin that.
    Ricoh has another thought. All fusers, developer units, drums etc need to be rebuilt.
    Even the electronic boards want them to be sent to the factory for repair.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Thanks everyone for valuable advices and especially copyman. I have one fuser in hand and would like at least to attempt rebuild it. Then we will see.
    So to sum up I will need belt and lower pressure roller + 2 small bearings, right?
    As for Alibaba/Aliexpress suppliers I have here CET parts available:
    http://www.cetgroupco.com/gb/ and will try them.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Ricoh has another thought. All fusers, developer units, drums etc need to be rebuilt.
    Even the electronic boards want them to be sent to the factory for repair.
    Yes, Ricoh & Canon have designed their fusers to be rebuilt, however because they are designed this way genuine parts are available to order & pretty easy to rebuild.

Kyocera, Lexmark & Konica Minolta designed their fusers to be replaced as one unit. Kyocera go one step further providing a maintenance kit containing all feed rollers, drums, devs, transfer & on some models the fuser so after fitting these kit the machine is pretty much like new again.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    My time is more valuable, 4/5 calls per day, if I was rebuilding fusers that would be halved then 10 calls the following day.

The beauty of working on Bizhubs if the fact that all the main components are simple & quick to replace, why ruin that.
    In would agree 100% if the units ran their stated life spans..Too many of these items are wearing out at 1/4 of their rated life spans. I don't know about you, but direct and dealer techs are
    also rated on the cost of the parts they use.. It's hard to ding someone on high parts costs when a 800$ fuser gets 200k out of a rated 1.2 million, but at the end of the year corporate only sees the numbers. It sure would be nice to order a cyan bag of developer and fix the gounding problem instead of the entire assy. Same with drums, and ITB. I never had an issue rebuilding a 751 fuser..or a Toshiba x fer belt. E

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    What do you think about Aliexpress?
    Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com
    "Goodpartner" was the one who supplied my famous aftermarket thermistors......

Got from Chinaman.......

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    "Goodpartner" was the one who supplied my famous aftermarket thermistors......

Hans
    Yeah I glanced over the link Bix provide and chuckled when see that 'Goodpartner' company.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I'm all FOR rebuilding the fusers instead of tossing them. I can't tell you how many Bizhub fusers I've taken apart and all it (usually) takes is some high temperature oil (I use DuPont Krytox) that saved the fuser from having to be replaced, when
    they're squealing. Seems to happen (some) with less than 30K. I could see not doing it if the fuser has reached yield, but most are not making it that far.

Plus, if you think about it, where do all your REBUILDING skills go when you never use them, and just keep REPLACING $500 fusers.. that's right, they will be gone.

I buy my parts from China suppliers as well to rebuild some of these things, but unless you work for a large dealer, who's got $$ to burn, why not at least TRY to repair it?? If I break down the fuser however, and there are seriously worn components, then YEAH, you may not even be able to get some of the bushings/gears that you would need to rebuild it. But its certainly worth a shot.

And I'm in business for myself and every penny counts, people! Been doing it this way in my own business for 26 years; seems to work well, most often.
    OC

Forgot to mention in my previous thread that I ordered from that source, this time not noodles, but two sets of each four thermistors. The first set coded out immediately with C-3923 indicating "thermistor wire break"

Goodpartner defective Thermistor BHC280.jpg

Well, "Shit Happens" was my first thought and left the machine alone for the next Saturday finding time to work on it so one week later I installed the second set, but than.............

I claimed this first set of thermistors for replacement already but no reaction from them yet

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Quote Originally Posted by tulintron View Post
    In the first disassemblies, I confess that I did not like doing them. But with practice, you improve the work.
    Your knowledge will make the process easy. The result will tell you how much it is worth
    How long does it take to rebuild a C554 fuser?
    Did my first one on site, took lots of pictures. Feels like you are taking it to bits to get to the point you can change the rollers. Had to undo and redo some things not really knowing the sequence of reassembly. After the rebuild i got real bad fusing with the toner sticking to the belt. Was relieved that it was only me not hooking in the pressure springs. Quality was A OK. That first one took me about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I wanted to add something very important, I also automatically replace the 2 small bearings on the sponge roller. This will stop any noise from the fuser plus not disintegrate and ruin the sponge roller shafts! bearings available aftermarket or very common used in many Kon/Min models. I take them from finishers that I'm scraping. Example: There are 4 - 6 of these small bearings in a FS-534.
    Most of the bearings on these machines are of international standard. You can find the bearings a lot cheaper for a hardware supplier.
    Last edited by allan; 01-25-2021 at 06:26 PM.
    Whatever