Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Bizhub C224e/C258 series fuser premature failure

I have one machine in very dusty enviroment where 3 fusers go to about of 60% of their expected yeld and then fusing belt develops many black dirth dots(non-cleanable).
    I would like to attempt belt replacement of last fuser as all other parts seem in good conditions. I know some guys here rebuild fuser units just need to know if there is list of recomended parts to go along with belt. Disasembly instructions may become handy too.
    TIA, tsb
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C224e/C258 series fuser premature failure

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I have one machine in very dusty enviroment where 3 fusers go to about of 60% of their expected yeld and then fusing belt develops many black dirth dots(non-cleanable).
    I would like to attempt belt replacement of last fuser as all other parts seem in good conditions. I know some guys here rebuild fuser units just need to know if there is list of recomended parts to go along with belt. Disasembly instructions may become handy too.
    TIA, tsb
    I've been rebuilding these fusers for a few years now. Only parts I replace is the belt & lower fuser roller (both sold at copylite). Recently came across a high volume fuser that needed the sponge roller inside of the belt (small bearing disintegrated and cut into shaft). These sponge rollers are sold by China suppliers but hard to get in USA. Copylite lists them but are wrong rollers. Just a side note when you have a noisy fuser it's from these small bearings on sponge roller drying out.

This isn't something I would do in a customer's office. Lay everything out in order you take apart. Might take you several hours first time but eventually can be done in less than 2 hours. Much easier then the Biz C253. I take pictures first time I rebuild a fuser, etc.

One last thing C454 fuser is identical except the lamp & Lower fuser roller are different. (although I have swapped the connector on a C224 for lamp to work in a C454) Wires a little shorter but works!

Hope this helps

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

TIA, tsb
    Don’t waste your time. Simply replace the failed fuser & move on.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Don’t waste your time. Simply replace the failed fuser & move on.
    When it comes to saving $500 I have all the time in the world to waste! Easy to say just replace a $500+ fuser when someone works for a dealer or OEM but when self employed you save your customer $$ while making yourself good profit. I was hesitant at first but have some rebuilt nearing 500K and still going strong. So if another tech tells me something works just ignore it? Hell no especially if they tell me they have done many with NO problems!

And in the case of tsbservice with fusers failing under 100K they could put just a $40 belt in. But I guess the easy way out is just keep putting $500+ fusers in! No thanks.

Everyone has their own opinion and way of doing things. After 45 yrs in business my way is working just fine

Not sure if tsbservice is in CO? If so we have done business before so they know they can trust my word.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

What do you think about Aliexpress?
    Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    When it comes to saving $500 I have all the time in the world to waste! Easy to say just replace a $500+ fuser when someone works for a dealer or OEM but when self employed you save your customer $$ while making yourself good profit. I was hesitant at first but have some rebuilt nearing 500K and still going strong. So if another tech tells me something works just ignore it? Hell no especially if they tell me they have done many with NO problems!

And in the case of tsbservice with fusers failing under 100K they could put just a $40 belt in. But I guess the easy way out is just keep putting $500+ fusers in! No thanks.

Everyone has their own opinion and way of doing things. After 45 yrs in business my way is working just fine
    My time is more valuable, 4/5 calls per day, if I was rebuilding fusers that would be halved then 10 calls the following day.

The beauty of working on Bizhubs if the fact that all the main components are simple & quick to replace, why ruin that.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post

Here we also work this way. We even do many tests in our laboratory. Crazy experiences, TSB already knows me. Lol ...

I agree with you, when you say that: if it works at low cost, why have the highest cost?

Everything is a matter of choice and, in our case, the low cost has given a good yield and a considerable return $$
    Nothing like day after day

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

TIA, tsb
    In the first disassemblies, I confess that I did not like doing them. But with practice, you improve the work.

Your knowledge will make the process easy. The result will tell you how much it is worth
    Nothing like day after day

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    My time is more valuable, 4/5 calls per day, if I was rebuilding fusers that would be halved then 10 calls the following day.

The beauty of working on Bizhubs if the fact that all the main components are simple & quick to replace, why ruin that.
    Agree time is valuable.

I do them at night so not to affect my service calls during the day. When you are self employed it's a 24/7 job. One night out of the month I'll do a fuser another night 2 or 3 drum units (takes 20 mins each, new drum, blade, grid & sawtooth corona). Few days a month to save my customers a lot of $$$ and make me a lot of $$$. It would be like working for a company and getting some over time pay!