Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 500+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Re: Konica Minolta C287i prints random text

Could be either one of the 2 suggestions so far, wrong driver, or public IP. I've had experience with both situations, unfortunately. Unless there are employees in the office at night or there is some odd piece of software that prints reports out at night, I'm leaning more to the public IP address.

One of our clients was foolish enough to assign a public IP to their C224e, and all hours of the day and night it would spit out pages of random garbage that looked just like that.
    Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. Currently a Konica Minolta Service Tech for the last 7 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

A few years back we had some cases where the printer at customers sites that had port 9100 open in the router was spitting ut pages with the text "your printer is part of a flaming botnet".

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B0265 View Post
    A few years back we had some cases where the printer at customers sites that had port 9100 open in the router was spitting ut pages with the text "your printer is part of a flaming botnet".
    "Hello, here the printer is possessed!"
    😂😂😂😂😂

Technician

Change the IP address of the printer, someone on the network has probably got an old print driver installed that is pointing to this IP address. (Hopefully it is not a public IP)

had the same thing happen with with an end user with toshiba. the end user has something trying to send to the printer driver with no driver. this is a self protecting thing. something is trying to talk to the printer without knowing what it is say. to the printer. change themip and maybe put user codes for safety.

There is one more possibility - improperly configured network management software.
    Last year we've had a customer with such problem, trying to blame faulty machines.

Some links describing problem:
    All network printers are printing gobblety-gook. Starts with GET /HTTP/1.0 - Spiceworks
    https://success.alienvault.com/s/que...of-random-text
    had a couple of network printers printout HTTP / 1.0/ GET HELP - what is this - Spiceworks General Support - Spiceworks