Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Technician
    Bizhub c224e problem "Serial number must be entered" -> "TPM Chip has been changed"

Bizhub c224e problem "Serial number must be entered" -> "TPM Chip has been changed"

Hello, I have a machine that one day showed an error "Serial number must be entered". After reading multiple threads and checking all possible information connected with that problem, I've changed battery and made all steps (KBA00048704) to recover machine but an erros still persists and when i'm trying to recover data after CD390 error it cycles while trying to recover with no progress. There is possibly a problem that i haven't got a Special firmware (I only got this fresh one GDC-M1-990). The last time i've tried to recover the machine it showed "TPM Chip has been changed". I've also read every possible thread on forum about that but nothing helped.

Today another client called me and told that he has the same error as described above. I know that it means faulty/drained battery, but i don't know how to recover machine after replacing it.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: Bizhub c224e problem "Serial number must be entered" -> "TPM Chip has been change

Quote Originally Posted by Sanker View Post
    Hello, I have a machine that one day showed an error "Serial number must be entered". After reading multiple threads and checking all possible information connected with that problem, I've changed battery and made all steps (KBA00048704) to recover machine but an erros still persists and when i'm trying to recover data after CD390 error it cycles while trying to recover with no progress. There is possibly a problem that i haven't got a Special firmware (I only got this fresh one GDC-M1-990). The last time i've tried to recover the machine it showed "TPM Chip has been changed". I've also read every possible thread on forum about that but nothing helped.

Today another client called me and told that he has the same error as described above. I know that it means faulty/drained battery, but i don't know how to recover machine after replacing it.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Thank you.
    You need to run the NVRam rest tool firmware.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician

Re: Bizhub c224e problem "Serial number must be entered" -> "TPM Chip has been change

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    You need to run the NVRam rest tool firmware.

Could you help me to get this firmware? I'm afraid i haven't got access to konica support.

The only thing i have is "A145FW.tar" to initialize and restore the data.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Could you help me to get this firmware? I'm afraid i haven't got access to konica support.
    Yes sure, you can contact us at:

Firmware Update - Printer & Copier Firmware

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I know there is a firmware GHV-M1 to fix that problem (DLBT1810973EN_0)

The following issues are solved in this firmware.

1. After turning OFF/ON the Main Power, the entry screen of serial number may be displayed in English and the MFP may not start. (ERBJTG1800912351 and others)

Can you tell me do you have this firmware updatet already before you got the error? I want to know if this firmware works or is it useless.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by occus View Post
    I know there is a firmware GHV-M1 to fix that problem (DLBT1810973EN_0)

The following issues are solved in this firmware.

1. After turning OFF/ON the Main Power, the entry screen of serial number may be displayed in English and the MFP may not start. (ERBJTG1800912351 and others)

Can you tell me do you have this firmware updatet already before you got the error? I want to know if this firmware works or is it useless.

Unfortunately no. I will be grateful if somebody could send it to me, i guess this GHV firmware could solve a problem...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

The only thing i have is "A145FW.tar" to initialize and restore the data.
    This is what you need.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    This is what you need.
    I did it 3 times before upgrading firmware as it says in Problem solution procedure but it didn't help.

The next step was updating a "Special firmware" and boot normally as it says, but i had only GDC-M1-990.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Try to replace both MFPB and SSD.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

I did it 3 times before upgrading firmware as it says in Problem solution procedure but it didn't help.

The next step was updating a "Special firmware" and boot normally as it says, but i had only GDC-M1-990.
    Did you follow the procedure properly? It almost sounds like you may have, but I'm not sure by your original post. Just in case, make sure you are following these steps:

Boot copier to the reset firmware (which you apparently have already that firmware), wait until it says the copier has been reset. Then power off, wait 10 seconds and then power. After that, you need to sit there and wait. The copier will come up to an error screen, and then reboot on its own 3 times before giving you the prompt to "restore data". Once that happens, select that and wait until it tells you its OK to power off.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...