Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Bizhub 25e keeps jamming documents

A4 models ADF rollers/feeding are terrible(any manufacturer). They aren't made for a lot of scanning. Regardless of counter rubber wears with age just as your car tyres. Generally speaking newer machines rollers are way more reliable, I remember analog Toshiba rollers went slick as F1 bolid tyres after 80k pages and even before if the paper is cheap cr.p. Today KM rollers frequently outlast their oneways/torque limiter. Nuff said.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Bizhub 25e keeps jamming documents

I'm going to say its the ADF lid that is bad. There is a weak plastic loop on the upper feed assembly lock down hooks on the rear side that breaks therefore not holding the lid down while feeding. If you watch the lid on the rear side while feeding it will jump up. Lift the ADF lid up and wiggle the rear hook and you'll see what I'm taking about. Replaced dozens on Muratec machines

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thumbs up Re: Bizhub 25e keeps jamming documents

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zodiaco View Post
    My BH 25e keeps jamming documents in the ADF. I cannot figure out a pattern, sometimes it's the first page, sometimes the sixt, and sometimes (very rarely, though) it'd scan 15 pages without any issues. Normal weight letter size office paper. I can't wrap my head around it. It is super annoying especially with faxes and when scanning multiple pages. The jam happens always at the same position: paper gets fed in 3in, then the machine stops and says : "Document jam. Open flashing cover and check". How can I troubleshoot or what can I do? Where can I get a new ADF assembly?

Machine has 2000 pages scanned and 4000 pages printed.

Thank you!

Alex

Check the actuator that hangs down. I had one that would randomly stick up in place when it was suppose to move back in position after the sheet was fed. Make sure if moves freely, push it up a bunch of times to see if it falls back every time.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Cantechman View Post
    Check the actuator that hangs down. I had one that would randomly stick up in place when it was suppose to move back in position after the sheet was fed. Make sure if moves freely, push it up a bunch of times to see if it falls back every time.
    Where can I see the actuator? Thank you!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by scanmc View Post
    I'm going to say its the ADF lid that is bad. There is a weak plastic loop on the upper feed assembly lock down hooks on the rear side that breaks therefore not holding the lid down while feeding. If you watch the lid on the rear side while feeding it will jump up. Lift the ADF lid up and wiggle the rear hook and you'll see what I'm taking about. Replaced dozens on Muratec machines

How can I fix this? Thank you!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I believe that machine is made by Muratec. Not sure if they use jam codes like Konica Minolta but it may help if you see what code is. You can rule out rollers & sep being bad with that little page count. I would look more for a bent mylar guide, sensor out of place or broken, etc.
    Even a staple or paper clip in path. This might be one of those calls you need to take apart the feeder to see whats going on. The other alternative is buy another machine from a wholesaler and swap feeders. My wholesaler sells whole low meter 25e's for $25-$50
    No error codes.
    Where can I get another machine or ADF assy?
    Thank you!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zodiaco View Post
    Where can I see the actuator? Thank you!

It's been a while, but I think it's the one i have attached circled. It would randomly stick in the up position.
    Attached Images Attached Images