Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: Broken C250i operator panel + paper exit noise

i have had a new out of box machine need the same fuser drive pack as well. I have a c450i doing the same thing with the op panel, but a bit more extreme. Damn thing was working fine this morning.
    I am investigating now and will update soon

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    i have had a new out of box machine need the same fuser drive pack as well. I have a c450i doing the same thing with the op panel, but a bit more extreme. Damn thing was working fine this morning.

In my opinion it is an operation panel problem. The anomalous thing is that the problem is repeated even via the remote panel. But I believe this happens because a new resolution is sent to the CPUB and therefore also adapts the remote panel.
    KM suggested that I change BASEB, CPUB and STRB but without success. So if your problem is very similar to mine, avoid wasting time changing these pieces.

I ordered the part and for safety I also ordered a new type C cable and I hope the piece is available in stock. Lately the pieces arrive very late

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Looks like the display or display controller is faulty, probably all included in the panel assy so you should be fine after swapping the panel.
    I also had this exit unit sound - in my case it came between the prints when the rollers idle with slow speed for a while. You can also trigger it if you open and close the front cover.

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post

So here is what I found. Initially, screen looked like this:
    op panel.jpg
    Machine webpage functioned but remote panel was garbled as well.
    Re-seated the CN7 connector on the baseboard, there was no change.
    base board.jpg
    We then re-seated the connectors on the scanner board, and the op panel came back to normal. "Wiggling" the board connectors did not cause the op panel to change and machine has been stable for 24hrs now. The one this I did notice was the scanner control board is mounted across 4 anchor points with no back plate. When you remove or insert the connector, the entire board flexes quite a bit. You can actually see the curve in this board:
    scanner board.jpg

Hi, thanks for the feedback. This information of yours is very interesting but how does the scanner connector have to do with the operator panel in your opinion? I just tried it but without the same luck. But I want to ask you: have you tried to turn it off and on several times? In my case, the display works. But after 2-3 restarts the display worsens.
    Now I just have to wait for a new operator panel. I update you!

Rebooted several times before taking the panels off. I also placed a sheet of foam insulation behind this board as it is damn near sitting on the frame. Being that they both connect to the Base board, I would guess some type of back feed to the Base board.
    I will say this, these i series sure do keep you on your toes...

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Broken C250i operator panel + paper exit noise

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    In my opinion it is an operation panel problem. The anomalous thing is that the problem is repeated even via the remote panel. But I believe this happens because a new resolution is sent to the CPUB and therefore also adapts the remote panel.
    KM suggested that I change BASEB, CPUB and STRB but without success. So if your problem is very similar to mine, avoid wasting time changing these pieces.

I ordered the part and for safety I also ordered a new type C cable and I hope the piece is available in stock. Lately the pieces arrive very late
    This was my suggestion.

I am trying to remember the details. We had a Toshiba that had anomalous images only on the second side of duplex, intermittently. Powering OFF/ON cleared it up for a while. The fix ended up being the HDMI cable to the second side CIS.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Here is an update.

1. The problem was exactly the faulty operator panel or some faulty cable. In fact this display has a lot of cables. Compared to the 4/8 series, replacement is rather complicated.
    display.jpg
    2. I also replaced the paper exit unit. After disassembling, I shook a little and I felt a few pieces move. Eventually this piece came out that I don't know where it came from but with a good chance, it doesn't stabilize the rollers and make them squeak:
    broken.jpg

The problem with these two problems is that they appeared 1 year after installation. But now I am no longer surprised by anything.